Full-service flights to Japan for under $500 return have landed
Last-minute travel has never sounded so good.
If you've been dreaming of hitting the powder in Japan or indulging in an overseas holiday before the year is up (yes, we're over the halfway mark now) then STA Travel has uncovered the deal for you.
Its youth travel experts have found flights to Tokyo from just $498 return. They take off from Perth throughout November on Malaysia Airlines and because that's a full service airline, you won't have to pay any extra for checked luggage or meals. Score!
Thinking of flying before the November snow season? No sweat. You can also book flights from Perth to Tokyo between now and November from $550 return. These are both blue ticket flights, available to under 31s only. If you're outside that age range or flying in from elsewhere you're still in luck as there's a slew of other discounted fares you can book through STA Travel that can take you to Tokyo for cheap and are open to travellers of all ages.
These other flights take off with China Southern Airlines and include Adelaide or Melbourne to Tokyo flights from $589, Perth to Tokyo flights from $595, Sydney to Tokyo flights from $599 and Brisbane to Tokyo flights from $609 return.
Similar to the Malaysian Airline flights, these fares are for journeys between now and the end of November though for the extra cost you'll be receiving better service as China Southern Airlines is a 4-star airline and highly commended for its food and beverage offerings as well as its comfort and service.
Secure your seat: Bookings for both airlines are being taken now through STA Travel here. The Malaysian Airlines sale ends 31 August while the China Southern sale ends 19 July 2018.
How good are these fares?
- Price: In the past, we've seen full-service flights to Tokyo run as low as $545 return and with starting fares under $500 here, this is currently the one to beat. Even on a budget airline such as Jetstar, you'll be paying around $350 return which, when adding checked luggage and meals, can run close to, if not more, than what's being offered here.
- Airline: Good. Both Malaysia Airlines and China Southern are full-service carriers, though China Southern has a much better reputation.
- Travel time: OK. Both airlines include a stopover in their home city which can make the journey run 10+ hours longer than flying direct. It saves on cost but not on time.
- Weather: Good. No season is poor to travel to Japan and most flights are available from now until November which encompasses the end of summer, spring and winter.
Flights to Japan on sale through STA Travel:
|From||To||Travel dates||Airline||Return fare||Book|
|Perth||Tokyo||1-30 November 2018||Malaysia Airlines||$498||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
|Perth||Tokyo||Until 30 November 2018||Malaysia Airlines||$550||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
|Melbourne||Tokyo||Until 28 November 2018||China Southern||$589||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
|Adelaide||Tokyo||Until 28 November 2018||China Southern||$589||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
|Perth||Tokyo||Until 28 November 2018||China Southern||$595||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
|Sydney||Tokyo||Until 28 November 2018||China Southern||$599||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
|Brisbane||Tokyo||Until 28 November 2018||China Southern||$609||Book that flight to Tokyo with STA Travel|
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do