Full-service flights to Fiji are on sale for $599 return
Departing from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide in summer.
It's never too early to start thinking about your big summer holiday break and Fiji Airways has a sale that can sort you out quickly.
It's on flights to Fiji from November 2019 to March 2020 and prices start from a flat $599 return, whether you're taking off from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide.
Sadly, the peak Christmas break between 30 November and 31 January is excluded in this one. But you can still catch a late summer one in February when the families have all moved off the beaches.
Flights are on sale until 22 May, unless sold out earlier. With so many dates to pick from in the shoulder season, it's likely you've got some time to mull over this.
Hit up Flight Centre for more info and to book at these prices.
How good are these Fiji fares?
- Price: Good. For a full-service airline, it's difficult to do much better. Even Skyscanner states that it's below its recommended "good deal" mark (just) and over $100 less than what the typical Australian pays for the journey. However, if you're not fussed about checked luggage or those in-air bells and whistles, you can typically get your return seat for under $500 return with a good Jetstar sale.
- Airline: Good. Fiji Airways is a full-service carrier but the age of their planes is patchy. When I flew with them in 2018 one of their carriers (Boeing 737-800 winglets) was heavily outdated while the other was up to today's standards (Airbus Industrie A330-200).
- Frequent Flyer Points: Fiji Airways codeshares with Qantas, so you'll likely grab a few QFF points from your flight.
- Travel time: Great. All flights are direct.
- Weather: OK. November to April is rainy season in Fiji so we'd recommend travelling in November over February-March if you can.
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do