Earn Velocity frequent flyer points when you take your pet on your domestic flight with Virgin.
As a bunch of dog and cat lovers, we always want what’s most ideal for our pet. Leaving them with a friend or family member when we go on holidays can be painful - but with Virgin’s new ‘travelling with pets’ frequent flyer program, we now may have an excuse to bring our pets along.
Travelling with your pets now means you can earn points on a Virgin Australia domestic flight, meaning that no one truly gets left behind.
You can earn a minimum of 300 points per pet carried for each flight, and points are awarded for a maximum of two pets per flight booked. To earn points, your Velocity membership needs to be included in your booking.
Depending on your level of membership with the Velocity frequent flyer program, you can earn more points. Silver members will earn 50% more points in addition to their base amount, likewise with Gold and Platinum with 75% and 100% respectively.
Receive 12,500 bonus Velocity Points Exclusive to finder.com.au
Offer ends 13 March 2018
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
American Express Credit Card Offer
The American Express Velocity Escape Card is a $0 annual fee Velocity points earning credit card with a low introductory rate on balance transfers.
- $0 p.a. annual fee.
- 20.74% p.a. on purchases
- 0.00% p.a. for 12 months with 1% BT fee on balance transfers
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum income requirement of $40,000 p.a.
How many points can I earn if I take my pets with my on my flight?
|Number of pets||Red||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
Virgin accepts dogs and cats for pet travel on both domestic and international flights, but you’ll only receive points if you carry your pet with you on domestic flights. To ensure that you pet has room for a domestic flight, pet bookings need to be made through Virgin’s Guest Contact Centre. If you book through a different system your pet will be refused travel and sent as freight which is a higher fee.Back to top
Conditions for your pet to travel on a Virgin domestic flight
Your pet needs to be in good health, as well as not being aggressive. Since your pet can get dehydrated while travelling, Virgin will only allows animals over 8 weeks old and it needs be housed in a container which meets Virgin’s guidelines. Different destinations also have different medical requirements, like being treated for Tapeworm. Please check the exact terms and conditions before you travel.
Tips for travelling with your pet
If you plan on travelling with your pets, here are some handy hints that may help.
- Check the airline’s regulation about pet crates. The dimensions are different according to which airline you fly.
- Ensure all necessary vaccinations, flea treatments and worming are up to date. This is will ensure a safe and healthy flight for your pet.
- Label your crate with your information in the case of an emergency.
- Exercise your pet before travelling. Take it for a gentle walk so your pet will more likely want to sleep during the trip.
- Don’t feed it on the day you travel.
- Ensure it has access to water and treats are fine, as a heavy meal could make an uncomfortable flight.
- Including something familiar like a soft blanket, its favourite toy for reassurance for your pet.
Think you have what it takes?
Virgin Velocity are looking for an official pet ambassador for their pet program. Aussies are invited to submit a picture of their cat or dog onto the Velocity Frequent Flyer programs Facebook page.
Not a Virgin Velocity Rewards Member?
If you aren't a holder of a Virgin Credit Card, you can compare the offers below to see if any match up with your spending needs.