Take advantage of premium Diners Club rewards with the convenience of a MasterCard.
The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card is a charge card which makes the most of a partnership with Citi and MasterCard to bring consumers premium rewards and worldwide acceptance.
The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card and linked World MasterCard are not credit cards, and as such have no pre-set spending limit. You receive one statement for both cards, and you'll get up to 37 days to pay off your purchases.
Diners Club cards aren't accepted by as many merchants and ATMs as regular credit cards however, so you'll also receive a linked World MasterCard to use in these situations. This means you still get the acceptance of a MasterCard at 33 million locations worldwide with the rewards of the Diners Club card.
|Product Name||Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card + World Mastercard Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Annual fee||$260 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 37 days on purchases|
|Card Type||Diners Club|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$260 p.a.|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4 or if greater than $100, 4% of the amount advanced|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$4 or if greater than $100, 4% of the amount advanced|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$50|
- It comes with complimentary travel insurance.
- Provides access to the Diners Club Airport and Members lounge
- You can get a 12-month access to Regus Business Lounge.
- An annual fee of $260 will be imposed if taken with a combination of Diners Club and Mastercard.
- Few merchants will accept the Diners Club cards.
- Using the card to withdraw money in the ATM as cash advance is subsequent to charges.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card and linked World MasterCard
The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Charge Card has a number of premium Diners Club rewards in addition to the aforementioned Frequent Flyer program:
- Member lounges. Access to Diners Club Airport and Member Lounges
- Regus Businessworld Membership
Free 12 month Regus Gold Businessworld membership. This gives you domestic and international access to Regus Business Lounges, which give you a quiet and professional location to host business meetings.
- Diners Club Shipping. A free 24 month premium membership to Diners Club Shipping (worth $US120). Along with discounts of 10% off of shipments, this service allows you to purchase US goods not usually shipped internationally. Your purchase is sent to a US-based warehouse, after which it’s delivered to you anywhere in the world within four days.
- Preferred seating privileges. Preferred seating for upcoming sporting, concert and movie events.
- ATM use.Cardholders can still use their Frequent Flyer Diners Club Charge Card to withdraw cash from an ATM as a cash advance - although as with most cards these are subsequent to fees. All cardholders need to do is apply for a PIN number. This application can occur after your Diners Club charge card application is approved and you have your Diners Club Card number.
- Global use.There is no shortage of locations to use your Frequent Flyer Diners Club with World MasterCard. It's accepted in more than 185 countries and 800,000 ATMs, while the linked World MasterCard is accepted at 1.9 million ATMS worldwide and 33 million locations. This means you don't have to worry about being short of cash while travelling.
Features of the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card and World MasterCard Card
Complimentary insurances give you peace of mind while travelling
Like many of the most popular cards on the market, the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Charge Card offers a range of complimentary insurances when you pay for a trip using your card. These range from travel insurances to extended warranty schemes, and can save you thousands of dollars.
- Complimentary travel insurance - This is a handy cost saving benefit of Diners Club card ownership. Serious medical emergencies can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars while overseas, and the costs for special medical flight arrangements home can also empty your wallet by tens of thousands of dollars. This provides free cover for cardholders and their spouses and children provided tickets are paid for using the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Charge Card.
- Interstate flight inconvenience insurance - This insurance provides cover for emergency luggage replacement, lost or stolen personal and business belongings, rental vehicle excess cover in the event of a driving accident, and funeral costs. The cardholder simply needs to pay for the entire airfare using the Personal Card.
- Extended warranty insurance - For purchases made on a Diners Club card, warranty periods will be doubled for warranties of up to a year. Warranties of one to five years will be extended by one year, however there are no warranty extensions for warranty periods of over five years. The cost of repair or replacement is covered up to a maximum of $20,000 per card, per year.
- Purchase cover insurance - Purchases made on this card are covered against theft, loss and damage for 90 days after the initial purchase. The maximum payment for art, watches and jewellery is $3,000 per claim.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme - If a cardholder makes a full purchase of an item on their Diners Club card and finds it cheaper, they'll be refunded up to $500 of the price difference. This is provided the difference is greater than $75. The model, make and year must also be identical.
Frequent Flyer Program
The Frequent Flyer Diners Club Charge Card earns Frequent Flyer points which can be redeemed for a range of products and services, including flights from airline partners such as Qantas, Jetstar, British Airways, American Airlines and many more. The points don't expire and aren't capped. The earn rate for these points is different depending on the card you use. For the first $60,000 spent each year on eligible transactions you'll earn:
- 1.25 Frequent Flyer points for every $1 you spend on your Diners Club Charge Card
- 0.5 Frequent Flyer point for every $1 spent using the MasterCard.
How to apply for the Frequent Flyer Diners Club Card and World MasterCard Card
- 18 years or older
- Minimum income requirement for the Diners Club Frequent Flyers card is $75,000 p.a.
Diners club cards provide a unique alternative to the major credit cards on offer in the market today.
Examples of other card schemes include American Express, Visa and Mastercard. Schemes are usually the cause of foreign exchange transaction fees for customers on purchases overseas, withdrawing from international ATMs and from buying online from international websites.Back to top