Sales assistant resume templates (Australia)
Improving your resume will only boost your chances of landing more (promising) interviews.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Working as a sales assistant can be a very rewarding role. Whether you've worked in the field before or this is your first time applying for a job, ensuring that your resume is in tip-top shape is a must. To help you out, we have a few tips and templates.
Pure Resume OfferGet a professionally designed resume starting from $24.99.
What's in this guide?
- What is a sales assistant resume?
- What are the features of a sales assistant resume?
- What should I include in a sales assistant resume?
- Get a sales assistant resume template to meet your needs
- How much does a sales assistant resume cost?
- Pros and Cons of using a sales assistant resume
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
What is a sales assistant resume?
A sales assistant resume is a document that lists your education, professional experience and any other information that might help you land a job in sales. It should highlight relevant skills, showcases your personality and convinces the hiring manager that you are the best possible fit for the opening.
A resume is typically one page long. Think of it as a marketing tool. Its main purpose is to make you look appealing in the eye of a potential employer.
Download this template at Resume.io
What are the features of a sales assistant resume?
Every resume is different based on your particular skills and work history. That being said, all great sales assistant resumes have several features in common.
Your resume should be:
- Eye-grabbing – think modern design, appealing fonts and an easy to scan format
- Comprehensive, yet concise – read the job description carefully and include all necessary information, but keep out details that aren't relevant to the job at hand
- Memorable – hiring managers go through multiple resumes in a short time span so take your time to craft one that makes a long-lasting impression
- Persuasive – use resume keywords, action verbs, highlight achievements instead of responsibilities.
What should I include in a sales assistant resume?
A sales assistant resume should include the following sections:
- Contact information – name, email, phone number, location
- Profile/objective – this section is optional, but a well-worded objective will make a stronger case for yourself
- Experience - list previous positions in reverse chronological order and mention how you positively contributed to each role
- Education – all degrees and certifications, including any honors, awards or distinctions
- Skills – include both hard skills (like retail systems you are familiar with) and soft skills (good communication, organised, problem-solving and so on)
- Other – foreign languages, interests, anything else you feel is relevant.
Get a sales assistant resume template to meet your needs
Does your company belong in this list?
How much does a sales assistant resume cost?
Here's the good news: it's possible to create a compelling sales assistant resume from scratch without spending a cent. You don't even need to be a particularly skilled writer, as there are plenty of free sales assistant resume templates available online.
You can download the template as a Word document or PDF and replace the placeholder information with your own. Or, use templates as a starting point when designing your own resume.
You can also purchase a paid sales assistant resume template. They usually cost between $5 and $15 and are more dazzling, with fancy design elements and interesting layouts. Often, paid templates come bundled with a cover letter template, which saves you time and extra hassle.
Willing to take it one step further? You can hire a professional to craft your resume, but that gets pricey. Resume writing services cost anywhere from $30 to hundreds of dollars.
Pros and Cons of using a sales assistant resume
- Highlights your specific achievements, experience and abilities
- Helps you make a good first impression with the reader
- Learning how to write a targeted resume is a life-long skill.
- Can be time-consuming to put together.
Crafting an exceptional sales assistant resume doesn't have to be overwhelming. Start by writing down your key information and then revisit your phrasing and formatting. If you're having trouble, then a resume template can be a big help for you.
Frequently asked questions
Should I include a cover letter when I send in my application?
It's a good idea to do so since it enables you to clarify things from the resume like gaps in employment, as well as reinforce your enthusiasm for the position. However, always pay attention to the job description and follow the application process to the letter (pun intended!).
What if I have no work experience to include in the resume?
If you're applying for your first job, think back on any projects you took on or school activities that may recommend you for the position. Examples include volunteer activities, clubs, part-time gigs, freelancing and so on. The employer is likely to be interested in your ability to connect with others and be helpful.
What kind of skills should I mention?
Only include skills that are pertinent for the job. Like proactive, organized, detail-oriented, adept in multitasking, advanced math skills, outgoing, well-spoken. You get the idea.
More guides on Finder
How to start an event photography business
From practical steps to key legal documents, here's your checklist for launching an event photography company.
Christmas comedown: 1 in 4 Aussies worried about housing costs
One in four (25%) Australians are worried about how they will pay the rent or mortgage after Christmas, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Find out how the Finder App can help save you money in 2021.
How much does a colonoscopy cost?
Find out how much a colonoscopy costs in Australia and how you can avoid paying heaps.
How much do veneers cost in Australia?
Find out how much veneers cost in Australia and how you can avoid being hit with a big bill.
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
See the world from $1,129 with the Qatar Airways Boxing Day sale
Plus find out how you can trim a little extra off the top.
How to start a graphic design business
How to use your design skills as the basis for a profitable enterprise you can run from the comfort of your home.
Graphic designer resume templates (Australia)
Get set up for success with a CV that matches high-quality visuals with the right words.
How to start a curtains and blinds business
Get all the important details on starting your own curtains and blinds business.
How to start a wallpaper business
Equip yourself with the right know-how to open your own wallpaper business.
Ask an Expert