Telstra’s giving you 12 months free of Disney+: Here’s how
You can ditch paying the $119.99 annual fee for Disney+ and save on your home Internet plan too.
Did you get hooked on to Disney Plus when it was slinging its membership for $1.99 for a month towards the tail end of last year?
Luckily, you can get back to bingeing on one of the most popular streaming platforms in Australia for free if you sign up to an eligible Internet or mobile plan with Telstra.
That means you get to choose between:
The only condition is that you'll need to be a new Telstra customer, but you can be a returning Disney Plus customer, to be eligible for the deal.
Which Telstra Internet plans will get you free Disney+?
Signing up to Telstra's NBN 50 plan or faster will get you free access to Disney Plus for a full year.
Together with this offer, Telstra's also cutting prices on its Internet plans to sweeten the deal.
Here's a quick look at Telstra's NBN plans that will get you free Disney Plus:
- NBN 50: $85 a month for the first 6 months, then $95 a month ongoing
- NBN 100: $100 a month for the first 6 months, then $110 a month ongoing
- NBN 250: $130 a month for the first 6 months, then $140 a month ongoing
- NBN 1000: $170 a month for the first 6 months, then $180 a month ongoing
In total, you're looking at saving up to $179.99 if you include access to Disney Plus for free and the 6-month discount on Telstra's Internet plans.
Which Telstra mobile plans are part of the deal?
If you don't need a new Internet plan, you can also pick from 3 eligible Telstra mobile plans if you want to binge watch Disney Plus for free this year.
Signing up to a Telstra mobile plan also gets you:
- Access to Telstra's 5G network (if it's available in your area)
- No excess data charges – your speeds will be reduced to 1.5Mbps once you've used up your data allowance
- Data-free streaming for live sport
- Data sharing with up to 10 upfront mobile or data services linked to your account
- Unlimited international texts to all countries
How do you redeem Telstra's Disney+ offer?
After signing up to an eligible Telstra plan, you will receive an email or SMS with a link to the Disney Plus offers page.
To redeem the offer, you will need to:
- Log in to the Telstra Offers hub with your Telstra ID and password
- Click "Redeem" against an eligible service number or Bigpond email address
- Once that's done, you will be directed to create an account directly with Disney Plus to sign up
- Good to know. You have until 28 March to sign up to an eligible Telstra plan for free access to Disney Plus. Once your free year is up, the Disney Plus membership will cost you $11.99 per month. But you're also free to cancel your subscription at any time.
Keen to get Disney Plus access? Check out our list of the 40+ best TV shows streaming on Disney Plus right now.