With low brokerage fees and competitive features, an FP Markets Share Trading Account can provide everything you need to start generating wealth.
Leading Australian-owned brokerage service FP Markets has been trading since 2005. Having built its name on providing competitive and easy-to-use CFD trading options, FP Markets allows you to trade forex, futures and shares.
If you’d like to buy and sell shares, FP Markets Share Trading Accounts provide all the features and resources you need to start building your portfolio. Allowing customers to place trades for just $14.95, an FP Markets Share Trading Account provides a choice of platforms, award-winning support and the option of trading both shares and CFDs via an intuitive interface.
These features are complemented by an extensive education resource and a range of research tools to help you get the most out of your account. All of these features have led to FP Markets winning the Investment Trends award for Overall Client Satisfaction four years in a row.
What can I trade with FP Markets Share Trading Accounts?
With an FP Markets Share Trading Account, you can trade more than just shares. In fact, you can trade a wide range of securities on Australian and global markets all from the one investment platform, including:
- ASX stocks
- ASX CFDs
- International CFDs
- CFD Futures
Trades can be placed online or from your smartphone via the FP Markets app, while phone trading is also available for no extra brokerage fee.
Features of FP Markets Share Trading Accounts?
- Market data. If you opt for the free FP Live trading platform, you can take advantage of non-streaming live prices. However, those who invest in the IRESSTrader platform for a monthly fee can enjoy streaming, real-time dynamic data to help them stay abreast of market developments.
- Research. FP Markets offers a wide range of research tools to its customers, including free research reports, a live newsfeed, daily market reports, a dividend calendar and more. Access to the portfolio of FP Markets’ senior analyst is also provided.
- Access. Trades with FP Markets can be lodged either online or over the phone, as well as via your smartphone (iOS or Android) using the FP Markets app. If you need help with your trades you can take advantage of 24/7 phone, email and live chat options.
- Order types. In addition to market and limit orders, you can place fixed or trailing stop loss orders to minimise their exposure to risk.
- Available markets. Through its suite of trading options, you can access a wide selection of stock exchanges around the world including London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong.
What trading platforms are available from FP Markets?
If you wish to trade Australian and international shares, FP Markets allows you to do so through the following two platforms:
- IRESSTrader. Providing real-time, dynamic data and the ability to trade direct market access CFDs, this offers an extensive selection of order types. Other features include complete market depth, international data and access to live news feeds. This platform is available for a monthly fee.
- FP Live. This free HTML platform is a web-based trading solution that allows you to monitor your investments, place trades and research stocks. It can be accessed from anywhere and also allows you to trade CFDs.
- If you wish to trade forex, you can also access a third trading platform, Metatrader 4 (MT4). This is the world’s most popular forex trading platform and it offers tight spreads and the promise of no hidden fees.
What support or information is available with FP Markets Share Trading Accounts?
FP Markets offers an impressive range of customer support and information options. Phone, email and live chat support are all available 24 hours a day, seven days a week if you need help with your account or with a specific trade. Support is offered from the company’s offices in Sydney and London.
In addition, FP Markets also offers extensive education resources to help increase your trading knowledge. There are ebooks developed by senior market analysts that explain the finer points of trading, tutorial videos to help you get the most out of the available trading platforms, up-to-date market information and even live educational webinars.
These resources are all offered free to FP Markets customers.
What fees do I have to pay when using FP Markets Share Trading Accounts?
If you sign up for an FP Live trading account, you can enjoy free access to all the benefits this platform offers.
If you opt for the IRESSTrader platform, on the other hand, you will be charged a $55 monthly fee plus $38.50 per month to access market data. However, this fee can be rebated if you generate at least $100 worth of commission each month.
When it comes to brokerage, a fee of 0.11% applies on both platforms, although a minimum charge of $14.95 will be attached to every trade. Phone trading is also available and unlike most other online brokers, FP Markets does not charge any extra fee for trades placed over the phone.
Pros and cons of using FP Markets Share Trading Accounts
- Low fees. With the ability to buy and sell shares from just $14.95 per trade, FP Markets offers an affordable share trading platform.
- Customer service available 24/7. Phone, email and live chat support is always on hand so that help is available whenever you need it.
- Award-winning provider. FP Markets has won multiple awards for its value for money and levels of customer satisfaction.
- Newer company. FP Markets started trading in 2005, which means it does not have as long a history in the industry as some other trading platform providers.
How do I apply for FP Markets Share Trading Accounts?
If you like the sound of the features offered by an FP Markets Share Trading Account, click ‘apply now’ to be securely redirected to the FP Markets website. You can open an individual, joint, company or trust/SMSF account with FP Markets, plus you can apply online or over the phone.
- You’ll need to be an Australian resident and more than 18 years old to apply, and you’ll also need to provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your tax file number
Applying is quick and easy and once your application has been submitted, FP Markets will assess it and let you know whether or not you have been successful.
Frequently asked questions about FP Markets Share Trading Accounts
What is the minimum brokerage fee?
A minimum fee of $14.95 applies to every trade you make with FP Markets. The standard fee is 0.11% of your transaction amount.
How much do telephone trades cost?
Unlike many other online brokers, FP Markets does not charge any extra fees for trades placed over the phone.
Where is FP Markets based?
FP Markets is an Australian-owned company with offices in Sydney and London.
How much does it cost to place a stop loss order?
If you wish to reduce your risk by placing a stop loss order you will not have to pay any additional charge.
I’m a casual trader - is FP Markets a good provider for me?
FP Markets offers a wide range of features and handy educational resources to help casual traders get started on the share market. The FP Live trading platform is typically better suited to casual investors than the IRESSTrader platform that FP Markets also offers.
What are some of the recent awards FP Markets has won?
FP Markets won the following awards in the 2014 Investment Trends CFD Report: Overall Client Satisfaction, Trade Execution, Value For Money and Customer Service.
Where does FP Markets hold my money?
FP Markets holds all client monies in trust accounts with Australian banks.
Where can I compare online share trading platforms?
If you’d like to compare the features of FP Markets with other Australian share trading platforms, peruse the resources, reviews and in-depth analysis articles at finder.com.au