Foxtel ups Android compatibility for Foxtel Go
Got a Foxtel subscription and an Android device running 4.1 or better? You’re now good to watch Foxtel on the move.
Foxtel’s extended the range of its IPTV offerings with the announcement that its Foxtel Go service is now available for all users on Android devices running Android 4.1 ("Ice Cream Sandwich") or better, where previously access was more strictly arranged by device model, usually with a range of Samsung and Nexus devices.
Foxtel Now two weeks free trial
Get free trial for two weeks now at Foxtel Now
Android being Android, it’s likely that there will be some odd device out there running on 4.1 or better that does manage to crash the Foxtel Go app, but at least in theory it should be able to run on a wider range of Android smartphones and tablets.
Foxtel Go is available to any Foxtel cable or satellite subscriber, or anyone with a Foxtel Play subscription (now known as Foxtel Now), but not if you’re subscribing via Optus through its Optus TV feat Foxtel product. Access to channels essentially mirrors whatever your full subscription is, less any programs that Foxtel doesn’t have the Internet streaming rights for, especially sporting events.
- The Expanse – A Season 2, two-episode toe-dip
- Get your first look at the brand new season of Will & Grace
- Amazon Prime Video snaps up the streaming rights to This Is Us and The Exorcist
- Frank Castle goes commando in the latest teaser for The Punisher
- Jim Carrey is coming to Stan with his new comedy series Kidding