How you can get 14 days of Foxtel Play free.
The competition is on. With so many streaming services at your fingertips, it’s difficult to determine which will be the one to suit your entertainment needs - but free trials are here to help you make that decision without shelling out the cash testing each and every one out.
And Foxtel Play is playing. The streaming service is offering Try 2 Weeks Free to new customers wishing to test out the service for themselves. All you need to do is sign-up and the free trial is yours.
Foxtel two weeks free trial
Get free trial for two weeks now at Foxtel Play
- Also read: What you need to know about Foxtel
- Also read: Netflix v Foxtel
- Also read: Quickflix v Netflix v Stan v Foxtel v Everyone else
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
What is Foxtel Play?
Not to be confused with your traditional Foxtel subscription, while Foxtel Play is part of the Foxtel family, it’s the Internet TV service side of things. It allows you to stream TV and Movie without contract - so you only pay for your subscription monthly.
What do I need to use Foxtel Play?
Essentially you need two things:
- A compatible device on an eligible operating system. Popular compatible devices include PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PCs, Macs, Samsung Smart TVs, Blu-Ray players, LG Smart TVs and Sony Smart TVs. Keep in mind though that even if your device is compatible, you might not be able to access all content and channels, so check with Foxtel first if you have specific questions or specific devices you wish to watch your shows on. A PC should have Windows XP with IE8 or higher while the Mac will have to have Max OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, Mac OS X Lion 10.7 with Safari version 5 or greater.
- Internet connection with a minimum speed of 3Mbps (as well as enough data to view all your favourite shows and movies)
What’s included in my Foxtel Play free trial?
Whatever you want it to include. Well, sort of. When you sign up to Foxtel Play, you’ll get to build your package by selecting from a various number of ‘picks’ of packages. These include Genre Picks like Entertainment, Drama, Documentary and Kids, and Premium Picks like Sports and Premium Movies and Drama. You can build your entertainment package the way you want to, however bear in mind that the more ‘picks’ you have, the more expensive your package will be.
The free trial applies to any picks you like - however you will only be able to access them for the trial period, and if you don’t cancel your subscription before the trial period ends, you’ll be billed for a month’s worth of whatever package you’ve created for yourself.
So by all means, go nuts testing out all the different genres and picks available, but just know that if you don’t cancel them in time you’ll be charged for the lot.
As a bonus, with every subscription, you’ll also receive access to certain news channels (Sky, Fox, EuroSport) and entertainment channels (Channel V, V Hits, TVSN, Max, CMC).
See here for full terms and conditions
How do I get my Foxtel Play free trial?
To get your Try 2 Weeks Free, you just need to visit the Foxtel Play package and build your package.
Once you’ve chose your picks, click through to the checkout to complete your subscription and redeem your trial. During the checkout, you’ll be required to include your credit card details. These will not be charged during your trial period but will be used toward any ongoing direct debit subscription payments in the event that you do not cancel your subscription during the first 14 days. So if you don’t intend to continue your subscription beyond your free trial period, remember to log into your account and cancel it before the 14 days to avoid being charged for the service.