All your Foxtel Now support questions answered.
If you’re thinking about getting Foxtel Now or Foxtel Go then you might have a few questions. That’s perfectly normal, as they are still both relatively new services.
Fortunately, finder.com.au is here to help you cut through the jargon and get the answers you need to make the best choice for you.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know that you can’t find below, feel free to ask your question in the comments box at the bottom of the page.
First things first: What is Foxtel Now?
Foxtel Now is an Internet television service. If you have ever used Netflix or Stan then you’ll have an idea of what Foxtel Now is all about. It lets you watch all your favourite Foxtel TV shows and movies live (and sometimes on demand).
With Foxtel Now, you can register up to five devices (and stream on two concurrently) including mobile devices, so you can bring your favourite shows with you wherever you go. Just remember, if it's a mobile device and you're not connected to Wi-Fi, streaming Foxtel Now programming will eat into your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for Foxtel Now?
1. Simply go to the Foxtel Now homepage, where you'll see a link at the top of the page that says "Free Trial".
2. After clicking on that, you'll be brought to a screen that will allow you to build your preferred Foxtel Now package (you can choose from different genres and premium packs). Select your packs by clicking "Add to cart".
3. Next, click "checkout". Fill in your personal details on the next screen to create your Foxtel ID and Foxtel Now account. At the bottom of this screen, you'll need to enter a credit card (Visa or Mastercard) to set up auto payments. The payment period will begin after your trial period is over.
How do I reactivate an old Foxtel Now account?
1. First, you'll need to go to the Foxtel Now homepage, where you'll see a link to click on at the top of the page that says "Reactivate".
2. You'll then be brought to a 'Welcome back' screen. Here you'll need to log in to your old account and select the option to reactivate.
3. Next, you'll be able to choose your preferred pack options and re-confirm your personal details and credit card information.
4. Then you're all set to start streaming.
What is Foxtel Go and how is it different from Foxtel Now?
Foxtel Go is the mobile command centre for your Foxtel package. Think of it as a nifty remote control centre. Through the Foxtel Go app, you can control your television, check TV guides, set recordings and access your parental controls.
What do I need to watch Foxtel Now or Foxtel Go programming?
All you will need is an Internet connection and a compatible device, then you can unlock a wide range of television and movies.
Just remember: if you use Foxtel Go you will also need your Foxtel ID and password to login.
Will I be able to watch Game of Thrones on Foxtel Now?
Yes. You can watch the latest episodes of Game of Thrones on Foxtel Now as soon as they get released. You can also catch up on all the previous seasons on demand.
Can I watch sports content on Foxtel Now?
Yes. Foxtel Now works a bit differently to some of the other Internet TV providers. You get to choose different entertainment packages you'd like, with sports being one of the premium options available. You'll get access to content from channels like Fox Sports, ESPN and Eurosport, which includes coverage of NRL, Rugby Union, A-League and more.
What if I’ve forgotten my login and password?
Don’t worry if you lose your password or username, it happens all the time. Simply contact Foxtel online or over the phone to receive your reminders.
Which devices are compatible with Foxtel Now?
How many devices can I use with Foxtel Now?
You can register your Foxtel membership on up to five devices, and even watch different content on up to two at a time. This will come in very handy in larger households.
How much does Foxtel Now cost?
Foxtel Now costs between $10 and $60 per month depending on which channel packages you wish to access. This does not include the Premium Movies and Sport add-ons, which cost $20 and $29 extra per month, respectively. All up, Foxtel Now will set you back $109 with everything included.
What sort of contract does Foxtel Now offer?
Foxtel Now comes with no lock-in contract. You pay monthly and can cancel your service at any time. It’s this flexibility that makes streaming services so popular, and why many people are turning to them over traditional television.
Is Foxtel Now better than Netflix?
It’s difficult to say really, as this will depend on your viewing habits and usage. If you are interested in getting an internet TV package though, we’ve reviewed lots of them, including a full library comparison.
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious