Foxtel Now lands on PlayStation 4
Sony console owners can get on board with Foxtel Now just in time for Game of Thrones.
It's only recently that Foxtel rebranded its streaming service from Foxtel Play to Foxtel Now, but when it did so, it left some compatible device owners in a slight lurch.
If you owned a PlayStation 4, you could use what was the Foxtel Play app to continue accessing your subscription (even though it was actually now Foxtel Now), but you had to put up with only a standard definition stream, because that's all that the old Foxtel Play app supported. Confused? Yeah, us too.
That changes today, with the release of the Foxtel Now app for PlayStation 4, which brings with it not only Foxtel's rebranding of the service, but also access to content (where available) in high definition. That's 720p definition, not quite the full HD or 4K content that you might dream of, but it's a positive step in the right direction.
The launch comes just in time for the new season of Game of Thrones, which debuts on Foxtel services including Foxtel Now on Monday.
- Altered Carbon Netflix series review: Sleeve this mystery to me
- You can now voice-control your Fetch set-top box with Google Home
- The biggest new releases coming to Netflix, Stan, hayu and Foxtel this week
- Spider-Man: Homecoming, Kingsman 2, Wonder Woman and more new-release Blu-rays are just $12.50 at Amazon
- View Finder: HBO and Apple competing for a slice of Abrams pie