Foxtel Now lands on PlayStation 4
Sony console owners can get on board with Foxtel Now just in time for Game of Thrones.
It's only recently that Foxtel rebranded its streaming service from Foxtel Play to Foxtel Now, but when it did so, it left some compatible device owners in a slight lurch.
If you owned a PlayStation 4, you could use what was the Foxtel Play app to continue accessing your subscription (even though it was actually now Foxtel Now), but you had to put up with only a standard definition stream, because that's all that the old Foxtel Play app supported. Confused? Yeah, us too.
That changes today, with the release of the Foxtel Now app for PlayStation 4, which brings with it not only Foxtel's rebranding of the service, but also access to content (where available) in high definition. That's 720p definition, not quite the full HD or 4K content that you might dream of, but it's a positive step in the right direction.
The launch comes just in time for the new season of Game of Thrones, which debuts on Foxtel services including Foxtel Now on Monday.
- View Finder: Netflix cock-up
- Narcos Season Three review: Is Narcos Watchable Without Pablo Escobar?
- European Commission study finds no link between piracy and lower sales of digital content
- Netflix renews BoJack Horseman for a fifth season
- Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence and Tracy Morgan bring the laughs for Netflix’s Def Comedy Jam 25