Foxtel Now bombs again for PS4 users streaming Game of Thrones
The latest hiccup seems to be exclusive to PS4 users and the latest episode of Thrones.
Another week, another storm of fiery rage from prospective Foxtel Now users. This time around, it's not everyone being deprived of the latest episode of Thrones, just PlayStation 4 users. If you booted up the PS4 after a long day of wondering who tackled Jamie off the horse last week or if that wannabe shish kebab even made it out of the lake, you would be sorely disappointed to find the following message.
PSAVsceAvPlayerAddSourceEx is actually Westerosi for "no dice".
That message only appears when you try and play the latest episode and only on PlayStation 4. The PS4 will play any other episode, Thrones or not, just fine and the Foxtel Now PC and Mac app seems to play the latest episode no problem.
Game of Thrones review
Our spoiler-filled review of Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf". Read more…
There's a somewhat helpful thread over on Foxtel's website (thanks to the community) that suggests some people have had luck by signing in and out again or closing the application and opening it again. That didn't work for us. It doesn't seem to be working for most.
Foxtel's only answer in the thread so far is to catch it via the live television tab in the Foxtel Now app when Game of Thrones airs on the Showcase channel at 8:30 PM.
Otherwise, here are all the times you can catch this week's episode on Showcase:
- showcase: 8:30pm - 9:35pm
- showcase +2: 10:30pm - 11:35pm
- showcase HD: 4:35am - 5:40am
- showcase: 4:35am - 5:40am
- showcase +2: 6:35am - 7:40am
Want to start from the beginning while you wait? Check out our guide on how to watch Game of Thrones in Australia.
- New in March 2019 on Netflix, Stan, Prime Video, hayu, SBS and Kayo Sports
- New on Foxtel Now: Every title added in the last 7 days
- When does Game of Thrones Season 8 begin in Australia?
- Where to watch the 2019 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras online
- Netflix partnership with Foxtel brings the streaming service to iQ boxes and new co-produced content