Foxtel Now adds closed captioning
Watch captioned programs on PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone from today.
Foxtel has announced that from today, Foxtel Now users on PC or Mac, iPad or iPhone will be able to access closed captioning for programs where it's available on a program by program basis.
To enable closed captioning on a desktop or laptop you'll need to be using either Chrome or Safari as your browser of choice. Foxtel doesn't provide closed captioning on all of its programming, but according to the company, it manages to provide captioning at a level around 21% above its own internal targets on average.
Foxtel does provide the statistics for closed captioning across its channels, which you can check out here. Your best bets for closed captioning are drama and movie channels, with sports and news channels either providing low levels of closed captioning or no support at this time.
The news comes in a busy week for Foxtel Now, having only announced yesterday the arrival of AirPlay compatibility for Foxtel Now and HD for iOS devices. Because you need an AirPlay compatible device such as an iPhone or iPad to access AirPlay, closed captions will also work on Apple TV according to Foxtel representatives.
- New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, BINGE and more December 2023
- Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
- Pay only $2 a month for BINGE over 3 months with its Black Friday deal
- YouTube Premium prices are rising and I’m not happy
- New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, BINGE and more November 2023
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals