Foxtel Now adds closed captioning
Watch captioned programs on PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone from today.
Foxtel has announced that from today, Foxtel Now users on PC or Mac, iPad or iPhone will be able to access closed captioning for programs where it's available on a program by program basis.
To enable closed captioning on a desktop or laptop you'll need to be using either Chrome or Safari as your browser of choice. Foxtel doesn't provide closed captioning on all of its programming, but according to the company, it manages to provide captioning at a level around 21% above its own internal targets on average.
Foxtel does provide the statistics for closed captioning across its channels, which you can check out here. Your best bets for closed captioning are drama and movie channels, with sports and news channels either providing low levels of closed captioning or no support at this time.
The news comes in a busy week for Foxtel Now, having only announced yesterday the arrival of AirPlay compatibility for Foxtel Now and HD for iOS devices. Because you need an AirPlay compatible device such as an iPhone or iPad to access AirPlay, closed captions will also work on Apple TV according to Foxtel representatives.
- Coming 2 America: Review, how to watch free in Australia
- New on Netflix, Stan, Prime Video, Foxtel, BINGE, Disney+, hayu and more in March 2021
- Superman & Lois: How to watch the series in Australia
- Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
- Love, Victor on Disney+ Star: How to watch the series in Australia
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals