Foxtel adds AirPlay support to Foxtel Now
Foxtel adds Apple TV streaming support plus HD on Apple iPad and iPhone.
Foxtel has announced that users of its Foxtel Now streaming service can now use Apple's AirPlay functionality to stream video content through Apple TV to a large screen.
Previously if you'd attempted AirPlay of Foxtel Now, the best result you might get would be an audio stream but nothing else, and all too often a simple failure to communicate at all.
Foxtel has also announced an update to its Foxtel Now iOS app that adds HD support for users viewing Foxtel Now content on iPads or iPhone devices, where previously that app only offered standard definition content.
You'll need to update the Foxtel Now app on your iOS device in order to gain access to both HD content and Airplay streaming functionality. However, there's still no sign of HD access for Android tablet users.
The move to allow Airplay is an interesting one in light of Foxtel's recent launch of its own Foxtel Now Box streaming device, although it's clearly a play to offer Foxtel Now on as many platforms as possible in order to generate subscriber numbers.
If you're an Apple TV owner, you've got a lot of streaming content to catch up on, with Amazon announcing this morning that it now has a dedicated Apple TV app for its Amazon Prime Video streaming service.
- Legacies: A new year at supernatural Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted
- Stream Patrick Dempsey’s dark new thriller, Devils, in Australia
- Marvel fans rejoice: Disney+ original series WandaVision is here and ready to stream
- Every Harry Potter film is going to be available to stream in Australia
- A Discovery of Witches season 2: The vampires and witches are finally back
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals