With over 40 years of experience in trading, IG is Australia’s number one retail forex provider.
Established in 1974 as IG Index, this multi-national trading company has continued its efforts to increase the accessibility of financial markets for all traders, ensuring it has remained at the forefront of trading.
The award-winning company has offices in 15 countries, 1,600 members of staff and an average of five million transactions per month globally.
With trading in CFD and DMA, IG provides a technically advanced and reliable service for all traders, novice and professional alike.
IG trades in close to 100 currency pairs, including bitcoin. Major currency pairs include:
What trading platforms are available?
IG offers a range of trading platforms that cater to users with differing capabilities and levels of experience:
- Online. With a customisable layout suitable for beginners.
- Trading apps. Curated applications for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows phones and tablets.
- MetaTrader4. One of the world’s most popular trading platforms.
- API. Advanced front-end solutions for experienced traders.
- L2 Dealer. A downloadable DMA platform for advanced traders.
- ProRealTime. Leading advanced charting package on the web.
What trading levels are available with IG?
IG offers accounts for personal use, corporate and trust, self-managed super funds (SMSF) and joint accounts. Depending on the platform used, traders can expect the following features:
|Inclusions||Web-based||Mobile/Tablet app||MetaTrader4||L2 Dealer||ProRealTime|
|Accessability||Browser-based||Download||Download||Download||Browser-based (via desktop)|
|Fees||Free||Free||Free||Free (minimum $2,000 balance required)||$40 per month (refunded for active traders)|
|Order types||Limits, stops, guaranteed stops, trailing stops, market orders||Limits, stops, guaranteed stops, trailing stops, market orders||Market orders, limits, stops, stop-loss, take profit||Limits, market orders, tranche (iceberg) orders, fill or kill, execute and eliminate, date, day, good for auction, good till cancel, at the auction, at the open, at the close, at best||Market orders, limits, stops, trailing stops, market if touched|
|Add-ons||DMA, ProRealTime access, Forex Direct||DMA||Autochartist, Trading Central||Currenex, Bloomberg, FIX API||Import indicators|
Features look-up table
|Spread fee - AUD/USD|
|Education and resources||Yes|
|Does it offer fixed spreads?||No|
|Margin requirements||0.5% of the full contract value|
|Is it MetaTrader supported?||Yes|
|Minimum deposit required||No|
|Compatible devices||Desktop, iPad, iPhone|
|Payment methods||BPAY, credit and debit card|
|Promotional bonus||Refer a Friend: Receive cash and credit rewards once your friend starts trading!|
|24-hour trading?||Yes. Open 24 hours a day between Monday morning 6am AEST/8am AEDT and Saturday morning 7:15am AEST/9:15am AEDT (subject to public holiday closing)|
|Demo account available?||Yes|
What are the benefits of using IG?
- Free Stream Reuters news to stay on top of market intelligence.
- Implement Trailing Stops to reduce risk, and potentially lock in profits if you’re unable to monitor and manage your accounts.
- Avoid paying Guaranteed Stops unless reached.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): An optional security feature that requires a verification code as well as a password to log in.
- VPS available for free to clients with a monthly account balance of $10,000 or above ($50 per month for those with a balance below $10,000).
- Multi-platform access
- Guaranteed and Trailing Stops
- Monthly cash rebates for active traders
- VPS and 2FA security features
- Only open 24/5, and trading closed outside of normal trading hours
How do I sign up?
Simply complete the basic online application for instant access to your personal trading account; no deposit required. The Information requested may differ depending on the account-type you wish to access and the platform you want to utilise.