You can trade over 60 different currency pairs with AvaTrade.
AvaTrade is an online trading provider that was established in 2006 by a group of financial experts who wanted to provide a way for people to trade online, in a variety of markets.
Today, AvaTrade has customers from all over the world and executes more than 2 million trades a month. Customers can trade in a variety of markets using web-based tools and software. Markets available to trade with AvaTrade include: Forex, CFD trading, stocks, Bitcoin, gold and metals, oil and energies, ETF trading, treasuries, indices, Litecoin and agricultural.
As a licensed broker in the EU, Japan, Australia and the British Virgin Islands, AvaTrade is subject to compliance requirements for handling client funds, security and for financial reporting. This gives its customers the added security and protection needed when trading online.
You can trade over 60 different currency pairs.
What trading levels are available with AvaTrade?
When you sign up as a customer of AvaTrade, you will have access to different benefits based on your deposit amount. The more you deposit, the more benefits you receive.
|Withdrawal time||5 days||5 days||5 days|
|Minimum amount to deposit||$100||$1,000||$10,000|
What trading platforms are available?
AvaTrade is available on a number of platforms, including:
AvaTrade’s forex and CFD platform can be accessed via desktop, tablet or smartphone and allows you to trade from a single screen. It’s a customisable platform, where you can arrange the interface so that you can easily view the information that you need. This platform draws on historical market data for its auto-trading facility. You can also download market data to create your own automated solution. Analysis tools allow you to identify emerging trends.
This widely-used trading platform has five key benefits: access to a large range of markets, fully customisable chart templates, toolbars and windows, over 30 analytical tools, automated trading and a flexible trading term (you choose between a fixed or floating spread).
MT4 Floating Spreads
This platform constantly updates the gap between the Bid and Ask and offers spreads from 0.9 pips. You can analyse charts, place orders, set stops and limits and track open and pending trades.
AvaTrader and MetaTrader 4 are all available for Mac.
You can access AvaTrader and MetaTrader 4 on your desktop via the following web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
AvaTrader and MetaTrader 4 are available to download as apps for Android and iOS smartphones.
Features look-up table
|Spread fee - AUD/USD||-|
|Education and resources||Yes. Access to videos, webinars and eBooks.|
|Does it offer fixed spreads?||-|
|Is it MetaTrader supported?||Yes|
|Minimum deposit required||The minimum deposit will depend on the base currency of your account. (USD$100 or AUD$100).|
|Compatible devices||Apple, Android, Mac and major browsers.|
|24- Hour trading||Yes|
|Demo account available?||Yes|
What are the benefits of AvaTrade?
- Security. AvaTrade is a licensed broker in Australia and is therefore subject to compliance, meaning added security.
- Access to a variety of markets. Once you open an account, you can trade in a variety of markets outside of forex.
- Automated trading and analysis. Set up auto-trade for data-driven trading. You can also analyse patterns with the automated technical analysis tools.
- Access to market news and analysis. As a customer, you can continue to stay on top of the latest market news and trends. You will receive access to news and information exclusive to AvaTrade customers. Note: Access to news and analysis will depend on the type of account you hold. Customers can choose between Silver, Gold, Platinum or Ava Select
- Access to 24-hour customer care. Receive around-the-clock assistance in a variety of languages via phone or online chat.
- Islamic accounts available. AvaTrade offers Islamic accounts based on Sharia Law. Interest is not charged for overnight positions held.
What are the pros and cons of using AvaTrade?
- 21-day free demo available. Before committing, you can see if AvaTrade is right for you. Sign up for a free demo and explore the tools and platforms available.
- Build a strong foundation with online tutorials and educational tools. When you sign up to AvaTrade, you can continue to keep abreast of the market and build your knowledge of forex trading through its suite of online tutorials and resources.
- Incentives and rewards. AvaTrade offers Ava Select, a program that is designed to incentivise traders by giving them access to exclusive content such as online courses and webinars, daily analyses, express withdrawal, Ava Select hotline, customised trading terms and benefits and tailored educational programs. To qualify, a customer must make a single minimum deposit of USD$100,000 or exceed USD$100,000,000 in trade volume. Another incentive is the Refer a Friend Bonus, which allows customers to earn up to $400 each time they refer a new customer.
- Ability to use a wide variety of trading platforms. As mentioned above, you can trade via your desktop, tablet or smartphone.
- The need to constantly be up-to-date with markets and economies. Similar to share trading, forex trading requires you to constantly be up-to-date with market trends, news and changing economies. This can often be a fast-paced area to track, but it’s important for success and for reaping the rewards that forex trading has to offer.
- It’s a high- risk investment. Even though intelligent tools such auto-trading are available with AvaTrade, forex trading can present high risks. This is because there are so many factors that impact foreign exchange trading. Forex trading requires knowledge of the global market and multiple economies. Coupled with the fickle nature of these, forex trading becomes a high-risk investment.
How do I sign-up?
To open an account, you can apply online on the AvaTrade website. Live chat is available to assist you in applying for an account.
To sign up you will need to include the following details:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license/passport number
You will then need to choose AvaTrader or MetaTrader 4 as your platform. Depending on your choice, you can download the software or access the trading platform directly from your browser.
Remember, you can also choose to open a Demo Account (available for 21 days) before creating a real account.