Get currency delivered for free with Foreign Xchange
Pay no transaction fees on orders above $1000 and get the best exchange rate on the market, guaranteed.
Initial Load Fee
|Product Name||Foreign Xchange Travel Money|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||No|
Whether you're travelling overseas for business or leisure, Foreign Xchange offers competitive pricing and a convenient service to help you get a better deal on your currency exchange.
What currencies can I get with Foreign Xchange?
There is no minimum exchange amount listed on the Foreign Xchange website, but there is a maximum limit of $9,999 for online transactions. There is no maximum limit on the amount you can exchange when you change money in person at a Foreign Xchange store.Foreign Xchange allows you to convert Australian dollars into the following currencies:
- British pound
- US dollar
- Japanese yen
- Indonesian rupiah
- New Zealand dollar
- Thai baht
- Canadian dollar
- Singapore dollar
- Hong Kong dollar
- Malaysian ringgit
- Chinese renminbi
- Fijian dollar
- Vietnamese dong
- South African rand
- South Korean won
How much does it cost to buy currency with Foreign Xchange?
There are no fees, commissions or charges to pay when you purchase over AUD$1000 worth of foreign currency from Foreign Xchange. This means you do not have to worry about any additional costs leaving a dent in your wallet as the exchange rate you are quoted when purchasing currency reflects the full cost of your transaction.
Orders below $1000 attract a flat transaction fee of $10.
Why should I use Foreign Xchange?
- Best exchange rate guarantee. If you can find a better exchange rate anywhere, Foreign Xchange will match it.
- Ordering cash takes just five minutes. There's no registration process required to speed up the ordering process.
- No fees or commissions on orders above $1000. You don't have to pay any fees or commissions when you exchange currency with Foreign Xchange on orders above $1000. For orders less than this, a flat fee of $10 applies.
- Free delivery. Your currency can be delivered free of charge to anywhere in Australia within five business days.
- Choose your cash denominations. Don't want to be stuck with big bills? You can choose to get small, medium, large or mixed denominations.
- Limited pick-up locations. You can only pick up currency at one location, in Adelaide. However, Foreign Xchange does deliver anywhere in Australia.
- Delivery time. It takes five business days from the time the payment is received to be delivered, so if you've left getting cash to the last minute, you could be out of luck.
- Cash only. Don't accept EFTPOS in store.
- Fee for orders below $1000. Orders below $1000 attract a flat transaction fee of $10.
How do I make an order with Foreign Xchange?
On the Foreign Xchange homepage, enter your preferred amount of foreign currency (i.e. $100 Canadian Dollars) and you'll see how much it will cost you in Australian dollars. Select "Buy" and you'll be brought to a new page where you'll have the option to:
- Select your cash denominations (small, medium, large or mixed)
- Add additional currencies
- Select your payment method (BPAY or an account transfer) and complete your order
How can you get your currency from Foreign Xchange?
You can have the currency delivered to you, or you can opt to pick it up at a Foreign Xchange store.
If you ever need help with a currency transaction, Foreign Xchange has one office in Adelaide. The provider offers phone and email customer support during the following hours:
- 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Frequently asked questions about Foreign Xchange
Can I request specific denominations of a foreign currency?
Yes, you can request foreign currency in specific denominations. However, this could take up to two business days to complete.
Does Foreign Xchange accept EFTPOS cards?
No, Foreign Xchange don't accept EFTPOS in store - only cash.
What other payment methods are available?
You can also pay for your currency exchange online via a bank account transfer or BPAY.`
What if I don't want to have my currency delivered to my home?
Deliveries are free with no minimum order amount required, but if you're in Adelaide you can pick up your cash in store.
What if I'm not home when the delivery comes?
For security reasons, deliveries are only given to the person who ordered it even if someone else is home at the time. If you're out, the courier will leave a note and try again the next day. After that, it will be taken to a local dispatch centre for pick-up.
I don't live in Australia, can I access Foreign Xchange's currency service?
No, this service is provided to Australian residents only.
If you're planning a trip overseas and you need to stock up on foreign currency, consider the exchange services and rates on offer from Foreign Xchange. However, you should always compare a range of options before deciding if Foreign Xchange is the right place to take care of your holiday money needs.