Up to 50% off flying experiences
Compare flying lessons in Melbourne
Take full control and see what it’s like from the pilot’s seat.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What would it be like to be a pilot? A flying lesson is a great way to find out, whether you’re just curious and want a bit if a thrill or you’re interested in pursuing a career.
From a pre-flight brief and aircraft checks to the hands-on experience of flying an aircraft, check out these top flying experiences for Melbourne.
Deals on flying lessons in Melbourne
Where can I take flying lessons in Melbourne?
Most experiences depart from either Moorabbin or Essendon Airport, both within 45 minutes of the Melbourne CBD.
Our top picks: Flying lessons you can book now
Best for price: Trial introductory flight experience from Viator
- Enjoy a 30-minute introductory flight for just $168
- Great choice if you’re unsure about committing to a full lesson
- Sample what flying feels like and gain an insight into the flight training
- Includes pick up from the train station
Best for value: Learn to Fly - Pilot Training from Adrenaline
- A 60-minute trial introductory flight for $370
- Includes 45-minute pre-flight briefing and full debrief
- Flight counts towards your flying time to get your pilot’s licence
Best for experience length: 3-Hour Learn To Fly Starter Set from Viator
- Designed to help those intrigued by flying
- Includes 3 hours of professional pilot training in a real aircraft
- Take part in flight theory briefings and simulated flight training
- Learn the introductory concepts of flying
Best for flight height: Light Aircraft Introductory Training Flight from RedBalloon
- Fly up to an exhilarating 3,000 ft
- Get hands-on experience flying a light aircraft
- Includes a classroom briefing followed by a 30-minute flight
Best for views: Learn to Fly - Pilot Training from Adrenaline
- Fly a modern Cessna 172 aircraft
- Take in the views over Melbourne and return via the CBD
- Spend 30 minutes in the air followed by a flight debrief
- Take a camera to get shots of yourself with the plane
Does your company belong in this list?
Flying lesson companies in Melbourne compared
|Viator||$168||Moorabbin Airport||Minimum 30 minutes|
|Adrenaline||$210||Essendon Airport||30-60 minutes|
|Red Balloon||$195||Moorabbin Airport||30 minutes|
More guides on Finder
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
What’s open in Melbourne right now?
Here's everything you need to know about what's open in Melbourne and accessible to you during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Emirates 777-300ER Refurbished Business Class Dubai to Melbourne Review
A good business seat which could be further improved with a better lounge experience and more food variety, Mehron finds.
Singapore Airlines “Old” A380 Business Class Melbourne to Singapore Review
A well-polished onboard experience tarnished only by a dated seat design.
Jetstar review: Sydney-Melbourne
Learn what it's like flying one of the busiest routes in the world on low-cost carrier Jetstar.
Tigerair review: Melbourne to Sydney
Although I’m a regular flyer on budget airlines, this time I got what I paid for. This Tigerair experience was full of delays and chaos, and was an overall unpleasant experience.
Road trips from Melbourne
Find a road trip itinerary from Melbourne for 1-10 days with accommodation and activities lined up so it’s easy for you to plan.
The Great Ocean Road drive itineraries from Melbourne
Discover 1-day road trips to 7-day self-drive itineraries along the iconic Great Ocean Road. Plus, search and compare your car hire options, activities and accommodation.
Virgin Australia Melbourne to the Gold Coast Business Class Review
A great value points redemption let down by a tired lounge.
Virgin Australia review: Melbourne to Sydney
It’s been named the second-busiest flight route in the world in 2018, so what’s it like travelling from Melbourne to Sydney with Virgin Australia?
Ask an Expert