Take full control and see what it’s like from the pilot’s seat.
What would it be like to be a pilot? A flying lesson is a great way to find out, whether you’re just curious and want a bit if a thrill or you’re interested in pursuing a career.
From a pre-flight brief and aircraft checks to the hands-on experience of flying an aircraft, check out these top flying experiences for Melbourne.
Deals on flying lessons in Melbourne
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|16 Apr 2019||Up to 67% off + extra $15 off with code||EXT****|
|15 Apr 2019||$30 off activities and experiences||SUM****|
|9 Apr 2019||Up to 50% off experiences + extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
|28 May 2019||Rugby sale: Extra $5 off Japan activities and experiences with code||AUR****|
|22 May 2019||$10 off zoo entries across Australia||FIN****|
Where can I take flying lessons in Melbourne?
Most experiences depart from either Moorabbin or Essendon Airport, both within 45 minutes of the Melbourne CBD.
Our top picks: Flying lessons you can book now
Best for price: Trial introductory flight experience from Viator
- Enjoy a 30-minute introductory flight for just $168
- Great choice if you’re unsure about committing to a full lesson
- Sample what flying feels like and gain an insight into the flight training
- Includes pick up from the train station
Best for value: Learn to Fly - Pilot Training from Adrenaline
- A 60-minute trial introductory flight for $370
- Includes 45-minute pre-flight briefing and full debrief
- Flight counts towards your flying time to get your pilot’s licence
Best for experience length: 3-Hour Learn To Fly Starter Set from Viator
- Designed to help those intrigued by flying
- Includes 3 hours of professional pilot training in a real aircraft
- Take part in flight theory briefings and simulated flight training
- Learn the introductory concepts of flying
Best for flight height: Light Aircraft Introductory Training Flight from RedBalloon
- Fly up to an exhilarating 3,000 ft
- Get hands-on experience flying a light aircraft
- Includes a classroom briefing followed by a 30-minute flight
Best for views: Learn to Fly - Pilot Training from Adrenaline
- Fly a modern Cessna 172 aircraft
- Take in the views over Melbourne and return via the CBD
- Spend 30 minutes in the air followed by a flight debrief
- Take a camera to get shots of yourself with the plane
Flying lesson companies in Melbourne compared
|Viator||$168||Moorabbin Airport||Minimum 30 minutes|
|Adrenaline||$210||Essendon Airport||30-60 minutes|
|Red Balloon||$195||Moorabbin Airport||30 minutes|