Flying lessons in Canberra: A guide to where, when and the best deals
What you need to know about flying a helicopter or plane for the first time from Canberra.
As the Australian capital, Canberra is no stranger to VIPs in the form of visiting diplomats and ministers.
If staying here makes you want a taste of that lifestyle, it’s possible to have a go at a trial plane or helicopter flight over the city.
Here are a few of the top options.
Where can I take flying lessons in Canberra?
- Canberra Aviation – from Canberra Airport
- Canberra Helicopters – from Canberra Airport
Our top pick:
Helicopter Flying Lesson Over Canberra from RedBalloon
- Spend 30 minutes in the air for $550.
- Spend an hour swotting up in the training school classroom.
- Get your hands on the controls of a dual control Robinson R44 helicopter.
- Look out over the skyline of the Australian capital as you fly.
Does your company belong in this list?
Flying lessons in Canberra – companies compared
|Company||Book with||Price (from)||Location||Duration (from)||Extras/inclusions|
|Canberra Helicopters||RedBalloon||$550||Canberra Airport||30 minutes||Hot drinks included.|
|Canberra Aviation||Canberra Aviation||Upon request||Canberra Airport||30 minutes||N/A|
Ask an Expert