Fly to Russia from three Australian cities for less than $1,000
Flying Thai Airways or Vietnam Airlines.
Score eye-wateringly cheap flights between Australia and Moscow, from $857 return departing Sydney.
Other departure cities reaping the benefits of discounted fares are Melbourne and Perth. Brisbane also has cheap flights, though they just squeeze past the $1,000 mark, with the best being $1,003 return.
The last time we saw flights this low was early March, when Vietnam Airlines was offering Sydney and Melbourne travellers $798 return fares to the Russian capital. The difference with this sale is Brisbane and Perth travellers can also benefit by flying with 5-star carrier Thai Airways to the world's largest nation.
Fares are for select departures from August through December, so you can spend the tail-end of summer in Moscow or enjoy a white winter. They're not part of any promotion and are available until sold out.
Here are some of the cheapest fares from each city:
- Sydney to Moscow: $857 on Vietnam Airlines (23 August to 2 September)
- Perth to Moscow: $954 on Thai Airways (27 September to 11 October)
- Melbourne to Moscow: $994 on Thai Airways (27 September to 11 October)
- Brisbane to Moscow: $1,003 on Thai Airways (27 September to 11 October)
Book: You can browse for and book these fares on I Want That Flight.
- Jetstar drops South Australia and NSW border reopening sale with flights from $59
- Explore your state with Virgin Australia’s sale from $79 a pop
- Jetstar’s sale has Australian fares starting from $49
- This Jetstar sale will have you flying from $49
- Jetstar’s sale is taking you across Australia from $45 a pop