Fly to Johannesburg from $1,155 with South African Airways
For that bucket list wildlife experience book your flights now.
Have you been waiting for the right opportunity to visit South Africa? It’s true that flights don't go on sale as often as other destinations but if you’re quick you might be able to catch these discounted fares to Johannesburg with South African Airways.
Fares start at just $1,155 from Perth and you can also score flights from Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney for $1,159 and Brisbane for $1,169.
Travel dates are from 15 October to 25 November and 15 January 2019 to 31 March 2019.
You can book these fares now through Flight Centre. Try not to think too long as this deal ends 21 July unless sold out earlier.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Okay. Compared to rival airlines such as Qantas and Etihad, you’re getting a pretty good deal. Qantas sale fares usually start at $1,399 but Etihad recently had a sale for flights from $958 return.
- Airline: Good. South African Airways is a 4-star full-service carrier where checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your fare.
- Travel time: Good. Flights from Perth are direct and all other cities will connect through Perth via Virgin Australia.
- Weather: Okay. These flights are during the wet season in South Africa but the earlier dates are prime time to observe the southern right whales and November to March is the best time to visit the Cape Coast.
- Qantas and Jetstar accelerate restart for flights to Singapore, Fiji and more
- Busted from booking: Holiday rental prices skyrocket in travel hotspots
- New $50 NSW travel vouchers: How to get them, where to use them
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals