Fly to Johannesburg from $1,155 with South African Airways
For that bucket list wildlife experience book your flights now.
Have you been waiting for the right opportunity to visit South Africa? It’s true that flights don't go on sale as often as other destinations but if you’re quick you might be able to catch these discounted fares to Johannesburg with South African Airways.
Fares start at just $1,155 from Perth and you can also score flights from Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney for $1,159 and Brisbane for $1,169.
Travel dates are from 15 October to 25 November and 15 January 2019 to 31 March 2019.
You can book these fares now through Flight Centre. Try not to think too long as this deal ends 21 July unless sold out earlier.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Okay. Compared to rival airlines such as Qantas and Etihad, you’re getting a pretty good deal. Qantas sale fares usually start at $1,399 but Etihad recently had a sale for flights from $958 return.
- Airline: Good. South African Airways is a 4-star full-service carrier where checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your fare.
- Travel time: Good. Flights from Perth are direct and all other cities will connect through Perth via Virgin Australia.
- Weather: Okay. These flights are during the wet season in South Africa but the earlier dates are prime time to observe the southern right whales and November to March is the best time to visit the Cape Coast.
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?
- Virgin Australia becomes the first Australian airline to offer flexible bookings until 2021