Fly to Japan for snow and cherry blossoms from $578 return
Going for the snow, the scenery or both?
Philippine Airlines has cut prices on a combination of ski season seat fillers, and some advance bookings for cherry blossom season next year.
It's safe to say that all of these are going to go fairly quickly, with prices being almost identical to a fairly recent sold-out Philippine Airlines sale, but taking off during a much more competitive season this time around.
Here's what we found:
- Melbourne to Tokyo - from $578 return
- Darwin to Tokyo - from $586 return
- Cairns to Tokyo - from $590 return
- Brisbane to Tokyo - from $590 return
- Sydney to Tokyo - from $592 return
The 2017 early ski season flights, in October and November, are probably the main event here. They're about as low as you're going to find in the coming months. Flights are to Tokyo, so make plans to ride the bullet train from there if you want to get to the snow.
For the cherry blossom flights, in February and March 2018, you're looking at a great price on the way in, but your return flight might have to be booked outside the sale period to catch the peak. If you're interested in those, you might want want to either plan for a long stay and pick up much later return flights, or head to Southern Japan and hope the blossoms come in a bit early in 2018.
Jetstar is the only other airline that could rival these deals, which is showing very similar prices but doesn't include perks like checked bags, meals and entertainment.
Plug in your October, November, February and March (or other) travel dates below, and you'll find both Jetstar and Philippine Airlines (or other) available flights.
These aren't part of any sale, so they'll be around until sold out.
You can book the flights by visiting Skyscanner to find the cheapest dates available or by searching for your preferred dates below.
Search for flights to Tokyo
- Qantas has dropped a global sale and flights start from just $229
- Now’s the time to catch flights to Asia with Scoot fares from just $139
- The Tigerair Australia Day sale has landed! Get away from $40.95
- This AirAsia sale has flights to Asia from $191 return
- Qantas launches direct Sydney-Fiji flights with fares from $269
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes