Fly to Fiji from $499 return in the Fiji Airways companion sale
That works out to be two seats for the price of one.
Fiji Airways reckons it's nice to be able to bring a mate along for the ride and to prove that, it's letting them travel for free to Fiji.
It's all part of its The Great Companion Sale which boasts 2-for-1 fares starting at $999 return for two people (as opposed to one). That works out to be about $499 per person.
That's about how much you'd pay if you were flying budget instead.
Flights at these prices take off from Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide to Nadi while flights from Melbourne start from $1,199 per couple (or $599 per person).
There's a short travel window around this one from 21 January to 31 March 2019. There's an even shorter sale window with this deal ending on 19 January 2019.
Well, what are you waiting for? Book your flight now with Flight Centre.
How good are these Fiji Airways fares?
- Price: Great. The standard RRP on Fiji Airways flights to Fiji are $999 per person, so you're looking at half off when you bring a mate. Typically you'll find only budget airlines like Jetstar flying under the $500 return mark which doesn't include checked luggage, meals or entertainment. If you like the sound of those luxuries, this is the sale for you.
- Airline: Great. Fiji Airways is a 3-star full-service airline. We're fans of the airline too, though we'd recommend scoping out the plane you'll be flying on first before booking as some of them are massively outdated.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Fiji Airways is part of the oneworld alliance and applicable flights can earn you Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
- Travel time: Great. All flights are direct.
- Weather: OK. November to April is Fiji's rainy season. This is fine if you're planning to dive, snorkel or relax at the spa but not ideal if sun-soaked beaches are your game.
How much am I paying compared to others?
According to Skyscanner, this sale comes way below what the average Australian pays to get to Fiji. It also falls below what the booking site recommends is a good price to buy.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?