Fly to Canadian cities for under $990 return with these China Southern flights
We've found your next bargain holiday destination.
Good sales to Canada are usually few and far between but we've spotted some China Southern flights that are worth getting excited about.
We're talking about flights from Australian cities to destinations around Canada from $898 return.
The best price we found is for travel from Melbourne to Vancouver starting from $898 return. You can also find discounted fares to Toronto from $902 and Montreal from $987 return.
The lowest fares seem to be in May but you can also find discounted fares on select dates between February and July with Philippine Airlines.
The catch? These flights can be on the longer side with lengthy stopovers. While the average flight time to Canada with the likes of Virgin Australia or Qantas is closer to 25 hours, you could be travelling for up to 34 hours on some of these routes.
If you're happy to sacrifice some hours of your life to save up to half off full-price flights, then make a beeline for Skyscanner. These prices aren't part of a particular sale, so are only available until sold out.
How good are these Canada fares?
- Price: Great. A recent sale with Air Canada had starting fares at $1,299 and full-price flights can easily get up to $1,600 so these are a very good deal.
- Airline: Good. China Southern Airlines is full service so your checked baggage and in-flight meals are included in the fare.
- Travel time: Okay. Some of the lowest prices include longer stopovers of up to seven hours in Guangzhou, China.
- Weather: Great. Travel dates actually include some of the best months to visit Vancouver and Niagara Falls near Toronto.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- How you can be Emily in Paris Down Under
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge