Quality flowers with fast delivery are standard with these top online florists. Plus, we've got coupon codes to save on your bouquet, too.
Buying flowers for your loved ones can be a bit confusing; with so many different types and assortments, it's hard to know which one they'll like. It doesn't take a lot of money to any kind of floral-knowledge to impress your girlfriend, mum or the special lady in your life. A few easy-to-remember points in this article is all you need.
Best flower assortments
If you're not really fussed about the meaning of the flowers and just want to grab a quick bouquet, then these are great choices.
Best flowers for Valentine's
Best flowers for birthdays
Best flowers for weddings and anniversaries
Flower Deals and Sales
|Amazon - FREE Super Saver Shipping from Amazon||Get FREE Shipping for your next Amazon order. Just follow the steps listed on this link.||
|Up to 15% off||Get up to 15% off selected flowers when you join weekly deals at Easyflowers. T&Cs apply.||
Best flowers to buy for your girlfriend
If you've never bought flowers for your girlfriend, now is the time to start. You'll need to know the meaning of the flowers before giving them out otherwise you may be making the wrong impression - asking the florist is the quickest way to do this.
You may want to purchase the pre-made bouquets available, or you may want to make one on your own to add some personality into it. A florist is much like a tailor, since they can prepare the right flowers to suit your needs. Remember to let them know whom you are buying for and the reason why.
When buying flowers, it's important to take into consideration her favourite colours, her personality and whether or not she's allergic to any type. Here are a few great choices of flowers;
- Roses. These type of flowers are ancient symbols of love and beauty; it was sacred to a number of goddesses including the goddess of love, Aphrodite and Venus.
- Tulips. Just like roses, different colours of tulip have unique meanings. Pink signifies affection, while red signifies true love. Mix various colours and tie them with a ribbon or put them in a flower vase for her.
- Hydrangeas. This flower has numerous meanings because it is colourful. Some people say it signifies boastfulness, while others say it means thankfulness, others claim it means heartfelt honesty.
- Sunflowers. This kind of flower implies joy and warmth. Giving sunflowers is a good way to spread this mood.
- Sweet peas. This flower is well known for its look as well as its scent, and it represents bliss, pleasure and appreciation.
- Asters. A lush flower which is in a group of slender, smaller, flowers that spread out from the middle to make a star-like shape. These flowers come in many colours and usually viewed as symbols of love.
- Lilies. This type of flowers usually bloom during Spring, and its beautiful scent makes it obvious to see why it is a symbol of joy and happiness.
- Freesias. It symbolises companionship, with red and pink types being the most popular among females.
How to find the best flowers for your wedding day
Flowers are an essential touch to any wedding, as each bride wants her big event to be the most unforgettable. Your selection of flowers and the arrangements must reflect the couple's personality and taste. Keep in mind that there aren't wrong or right options when choosing your wedding flowers. The choice is yours, because your preferences play the most significant part.
Here are some tips to help you pick out the best flowers for your wedding;
- Read gardening books and bridal magazines. In case you don't have any ideas at all, you can borrow ideas from others sources such as magazines. You can also consider visiting a greenhouse or botanical garden in your area where flowers are exhibited, and feel the flowers.
- Understand the meaning of flowers. Understand the diverse flower meanings, as it can help you make a choice easily. Certain flowers symbolise different meanings and could portray your marriage better than others breeds.
- Evaluate your budget. It's best if you know exactly the amount of money you want to invest in flowers before starting any plans. You can visit your florist and possibly discuss your budget and work within its bracket.
- Flower colours. Colour plays a major role in the decision making process. The colours used need to complement the wedding dress, the outfits of the entire bridal party and wedding theme. Colours are chosen based on the availability of the flowers in every season, which allows you the best deal in terms of price.
Guide to colours
White. Camellia, jasmine, sweet pea, rose, stephanotis, gardenia, narcissus, lily, snowdrop and orchid.
Pink. Peony, rose, sweet pea, ranunculus, tulip, carnation, lily, protea and boronia.
Lavender. Lilac, delphinium, anemone, lavender, hydrangea, iris and statice.
Yellow. Sunflower, daffodil, tulip, lily, gerbera and freesia.
Red. Poinsettia, dahlia, gerbera, rose and amaryllis.
- Know the season. The season plays a big part in your decision, particularly if you are conscious of your budget. Non-seasonal flowers may be flown in; this raises the price and complexity significantly. A few of the well-known, flowers are listed below, together with their season – considering there could be climate differences based on where you reside in the world.
Essential Guide to Flowers
Spring flowers. Daffodil, anemone, amaryllis freesia, lily, gerbera, stephanotis, orchid, sweet pea and ranunculus.
Flowers used in summer. Carnation, anthurium, chrysanthemum, lily, gypsophila, magnolia, rose, sunflower and peony.
Autumn flowers. Aster, agapanthus, clematis, hosta, passion flower, daisy, pinks and hydrangea.
Winter flowers. Iris, pansy, euphorbia, tulip, snowdrop, nerine, camellia and poinsettia.
All year round flowers. Gypsophila, carnation, protea, tulip, orchid and rose – even though this list will differ by region.
Best type of flowers for Mother's Day
One of the most common ways of showing your love on Mother's Day is sending flowers to your dear mum. Every woman will certainly be very excited to receive a bouquet of flowers from her child or even anyone that appreciates her. A variety of flowers that one can buy to send to his or her mother for Mother's day are listed below.
- Roses. Despite the fact that they are well known as a sign of love, roses are likewise very popular to send on this great day of mothers. Roses usually signify perfection, passion and love, and they can be found in various colours. Every colour has its unique meaning, for instance, burgundy signifies beauty within, whereas coral signifies desire. An orange rose signifies charm or even display of sensation or passion. Peach is commonly connected to thankfulness or appreciation, whereas pink is loved by a lot of people because of the way it shows happiness. Lovers mostly use red roses because it expresses their love and passion for one another, so you may want avoid this colour. The yellow ones are not left out either; they show friendship and joy, whereas the white roses are for purity and innocence.
- Carnations. Based on Christian myth, pink carnations are said to have initially grown from the land where the Virgin Mary cried over Jesus' death. For this reason, a lot of people believe carnations are a sign of a mother's endless love. Pink, red and white carnations are great for Mother's day flowers.
- Lilacs. Another kind of flowers you may give your mother on the special day is lilacs. These kinds of flowers are popular at wedding ceremonies because they are associated with new love. The lilacs are not only used in weddings, but also during Mother's day since they signify Love between a child and her mother. These flowers are a classy option.
- Tulips. Tulips are another great choice of flowers on Mother's day. These beautiful flowers have been linked to charity, new life and spring. Because of their grace and beauty, tulips are popular for Mother's day.
- Irises. These flowers symbolise affection and warmth. The majority of Christians connect these kinds of flowers with the biblical Virgin Mary. Irises can be found in an array of colours; however, the most popular colours for Mother's day are white and blue. You express affection and warmth to your mother by offering her irises on Mothers' day.
When selecting what flowers you want to give out on Mother's day, you may consider the meanings of some flowers to enable you make the right flowers. An arrangement of many flowers may also be an excellent choice with many meanings.