Rome is where years of history meets exquisite Italian cuisine. Gelato shops line the streets and architectural wonders hold more than a lifetime's worth of stories. Yes, Rome is the perfect Italian city to explore time and time again.
To get you started on planning your next holiday, we've got the best flight deals and information to get you to the Italian capital so you can be strolling the streets with a copious amount of gelato in hand.
Latest deals on flights to Rome
Search for flights to Rome
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Rome
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Rome.
Flights to Rome from Sydney
Flights to Rome from Melbourne
Flights to Rome from Brisbane
Flights to Rome from Perth
Rome flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 22 hrs 05 mins + with one stopover, landing at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with one stopover, landing at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with one stopover, landing at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 20 hrs 30 mins + with one stopover, landing at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino International Airport
Airlines that fly to Rome
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Rome insider flight tips
- Leonardo da Vinci Airport (Rome Fiumicino Airport) is the main airport in Rome serving international flights.
- There are no airlines that offer direct flights from Australia to Rome, but you can get to Rome with one stopover in less than 24 hours.
- If you plan to travel around Italy, you can book a flight into Rome and out of another city. This is called an 'open jaw' ticket and gives you the freedom to explore multiple cities.
How to get around Rome from the airport
From the Leonardo Da Vinci- Fiumicino International Airport, airport transfers, car hire and taxis are available. Car rental companies at Leonardo da Vinci Airport are: Auto Europa, Avis, Budget, Europcar, , Goldcar, Locauto Rent, Maggiore, Win Rent, RENT4U, Noleggiare and Sixt. The Leonardo Express train runs every 30 minutes and the Terravision shuttle bus runs to the Termini central stop. Uber is available and costs EUR60–75.