Experience the best of Maldives and save on flights.
Luxury resorts, island huts overlooking the water and white-sand beaches make up the tropical Maldives. It's paradise on earth and you can get to it on a variety of airlines both budget and luxury - so you won't have to break the budget for an idyllic getaway.
Read on to learn the best way to get to your ideal island paradise with cheap flights and transportation to your accommodation.
Latest deals on flights to Maldives deals
Search for flights to Maldives
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Maldives
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of flights from Australia to Maldives.
Flights to Maldives from Brisbane
Flights to Maldives from Sydney
Flights to Maldives from Perth
Flights to Maldives from Melbourne
Maldives flight time
- From Brisbane: Approximately 14 hrs 15 mins with one stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
- From Sydney: Approximately 26 hrs 10 mins + with one stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 11 hrs 05 mins + with a stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 15 hrs 15 mins + with a stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
Airlines that fly to Maldives
- Cathay Pacific
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Maldives insider flight tips
- There are multiple international airports in Maldives, but Velana International Airport is the hub serving international travellers. It is also known as Malé International Airport.
- There are no direct flights from Australia to Maldives, so travellers will fly from Australia to a layover destination and then on to the Maldives main airport in Malé.
How to get around Maldives from the airport
Most of the resorts in the Maldives are on private or smaller islands away from Malé. After arriving at Velana International Airport, travellers can take a speedboat to Malé City or resorts, board a seaplane transfer or the airport ferry. Uber is not available in Maldives.