Know the best areas to fly into Malaysia from Australia and how to get to your accommodation.
Malaysia has a number of airports and airlines that serve direct flights from Australia, including Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi and Kota.
If you're scratching your head trying to figure out which is best for you to fly into, then look no further as this short and simple guide can help you find the best airport for you to fly into and the top airlines to fly on to get there cheaply and quickly.
Latest deals on flights to Malaysia
|Vietnam flights from $485 return||
|Valid for travel on select dates with Malaysia Airlines. Sample fare is Perth-Ho Chi Minh City.||
|$50 off international flights with code||
Coupon code expires
|Valid on all international return flights between $2,500 - $3,499. Departs from Australia. Destinations include Auckland, Bali, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and more. T&C's apply.||
Show code AU****
After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Search for a flight to Malaysia
What you need to know about fights to Malaysia
Who flies to Malaysia?
Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air, AirAsia and AirAsia X all fly direct from Australia to Malaysia. Airlines with non-direct flights include Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Asiana Airlines and Jetstar. Direct flights from Australia are only available to Kuala Lumpur.
What are the closest airports to Malaysia?
There are five international airports serving Malaysia. These are: Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Penang International Airport, Langkawi International Airport, Kota Kinabalu International Airport and Kuching International Airport.
What airport transfer options are available?
- From Kuala Lumpur International Airport: Car transfers and rentals are available. Uber services the airport costing from RM77–158. Taxis, coach buses and the Express Rail Link connect the airport to the city centre.
- From Penang International Airport: Airport transfers, Uber (RM299–884), car hire, buses and taxis are also available.
- From Langkawi International Airport: Transfers can be booked and cars rented. Uber costs RM383–1119 and taxis are available.
- From Kota Kinabalu International Airport: Taxis are available, Uber costs RM12–17, cars can be hired or transfers are available.
- From Kuching International Airport: Uber (RM10–14), taxis, car hire and transfers are available.