Find low fares and deals on flights from Australia to Dubai.
An Arabian metropolis in the desert, Dubai is the glitzy gateway to the United Arab Emirates. Dubai is a delight for duty-free shopping. In fact, you’ll find every type of shopping experience from busy markets to high-end boutiques. It’s also home to the tallest building in the world and the observation deck on the 124th floor offers impressive views of the city skyline.
Dubai is a well-known haven of luxury hotels, beach resorts and palm islands, but there’s also traditional architecture to discover. Whatever your reason for visiting, as a destination or as a stopover, more and more Australians are drawn to the attractions, making flight deals to Dubai easy to come by.
Cheap flights to Dubai
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|15 Dec 2018||Full-service London flights from $901 return||FOL****|
|20 Feb 2018||$120 off first class seats||FIR****|
|19 Dec 2018||Thailand flights from $281 return||********|
|18 Dec 2018||Asia flights from $271 return||********|
|12 Dec 2018||Round the world flights from $1,185||********|
Compare flights to Dubai
Dubai flight times
- From Sydney: 14 hrs 20 mins
- From Melbourne: 14 hrs
- From Perth: 11 hrs
- From Brisbane: 14 hrs 10 mins
Airlines that fly to Dubai
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Dubai insider flight tips
- Emirates and Qantas both fly direct to Dubai from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. If you prefer not to spend a straight 14 hours on a plane, then there are also many one-stop flight options that come with the added bonus of saving you money. Thai Airways offers a stop in Bangkok (BKK) and Singapore Airlines will take you via Singapore (SIN). Qatar flies from multiple Australian airports via Hamad (DOH) and Royal Brunei flies from Melbourne via Brunei.
- Neighbouring Abu Dhabi is only a 90-minute drive from Dubai on the highway with handy signage in English. Virgin Australia and Etihad fly direct to Abu Dhabi from Australia, which is useful if you are a frequent flyer with these airlines.
- You can often find cheap flights and accommodation in Dubai during Ramadan when Muslims fast between sunrise and sunset. It is illegal to eat, drink or smoke in public during these hours. The month-long Ramadan can be any time between March-June and the dates change each year.
How to get from the airport
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is just 14 kilometres from the city and contains three terminals which are all served by the airport’s free 24-hour shuttle service. Dubai Metro system is air-conditioned and easy to use with only two lines. It runs every 10 minutes to different areas of the city from Terminals 1 and 3 between 5:50am to midnight or to 1am on Fridays. Airport shuttles and public buses operate on multiple routes. You can catch a bus or shuttle on the street opposite each terminal. Travellers must purchase a rechargeable Nol Card for travel on all public transport as drivers do not accept cash. You can recharge this card for up to 10 journeys or to cover unlimited travel over multiple days. You can also use it to pay for certain parking areas.
Taxis are plentiful and fairly cheap in Dubai, but you should ask the driver to start the meter or prepare to be overcharged. You can arrange hotel transfers in advance and ride-sharing services like Uber are also available. Major car rental agencies operate at each terminal and if you pre-book, you may find that a representative meets you as you get off your flight and takes you to your car. Driving is generally safe in this part of the world.