Read this handy guide for essential information on flights to and from Cairns and Tropical North Queensland.
Cairns and remote areas of Tropical North Queensland are some of Australia's most unique and untouched destinations. When planning a trip to the north of Australia, transport considerations are key to a pleasant stay. Find out all you need to know here.
Search for a flight to Cairns
Latest deals on flights to Cairns and Tropical North Queensland
Cairns and Tropical North Queensland flight FAQs
Who flies to Cairns and Tropical North Queensland?
Jetstar, Qantas, Tigerair and Virgin Australia.
What are the closest airports to Cairns and Tropical North Queensland?
Cairns Airport is an international airport and the largest airport in the region. Cooktown, Karumba, Normanton and Burketown offer regional flights to and from Cairns and other regional destinations.
What airport transfer options are available?
- Taxis are available from the designated taxi ranks just outside Cairns Airport.
- Car hire desks are available in the arrival hall.
- Airport connect shuttle bus is available from T1 and T2 and coach services and airport transfers are offered by many accommodation providers.
- Viator, City Discovery and Jayride offer personalised and private airport shuttle services and transfers from Cairns airport to your resort, hotel or holiday apartment.
- Uber is available from Cairns Airport and costs $10–$15 to Cairns city centre.