Flights to Boracay cancelled as the island closes for 6 months
From April 26 the Philippine paradise is closing its doors due to environmental concerns.
Cebu Pacific has announced it will be cancelling flights to Caticlan and Kalibo on the island of Boracay from 26 April - 25 October following approval by President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday for the island to close for 6-months in order to recover from environmental stress.
Altogether, the airline has cancelled 19 flight routes during the designated closure time, which unfortunately is the Filipino summer and prime time for Aussies to hit the beaches of this hot destination.
Despite the closing, Cebu Pacific is retaining 6 domestic flights in order to serve local residents and maintain commerce in Northern Panay island.
Visitors booked on affected flights have a number of options available to them, including:
- A full refund of their ticket.
- Full credit to be used for future travel with the airline.
- Rebooking the flight for a later date, subject to seat availability and;
- Rerouting to an alternate domestic destination.
Passengers who booked via a travel agent or third party site are encouraged to contact Cebu Pacific direct to be kept up to date with any further changes.
GetGo members who redeemed an affected flight have the option to rebook their journey or reroute themselves to another domestic destination. These must be within 30 days from your original travel date.
Alternatively, full points can be credited back to your account by contacting Cebu Pacific direct.
Most changes can be made via the Cebu Pacific website by going to "Manage My Booking." If in doubt, contact the airline directly.
For other bookings, including accommodation and tours, please contact your provider directly for further information.
Philippine Airlines has also announced that it will be scaling down services to the island during the closure period.
If you're keen to keep your travel plans, other islands you can fly to in Cebu Pacific's domestic network include Coron, Bohol and Siargao.
Cancelled flights to Boracay
- 5J 891/892 daily
- 5J 895/896 daily
- 5J 899/900 daily
- 5J 901/902 daily
- 5J 905/906 daily
- DG 6241/6242 daily
- DG 6243/6244 daily
- DG 6247/6248 daily
- 5J 132/133 daily
- DG 6298/6299 daily
- 5J 331/332 daily
- DG 6317/6318 daily
- 5J 339 Sunday-Thursday
- 5J 413 daily
- 5J 415 Sunday, Friday
- 5J 416/417 Sunday
- 5J 351 Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- 5J 352 Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 5J 180/181 daily
Flights still in service during the closure period:
- 5J 337, daily (except from May 1-4, 2018) ETD 12:25pm ETA 1:35pm
- 5J 338, daily (except from May 1-4, 2018) ETD 2:05pm ETA 3:20pm
- DG 6245, daily ETD 3:35pm ETA 4:55pm
- DG 6246, daily ETD 8:25pm ETA 9:40pm
- DG 6272, daily ETD 6:55pm ETA 8:00am
- DG 6273, daily ETD 5:15pm ETA 6:25pm