Everything you need to know about flying to New Zealand’s charming capital, Auckland
Auckland is a cosmopolitan city and popular arrival destination for visitors looking to experience everything New Zealand has to offer and is a gateway to other parts of the country only accessible by domestic flights.
Find out everything you need to know about flights and airport transfers with this helpful guide.
Latest deals on flights to Auckland
Search for a flight to Auckland
Auckland flight FAQs
Who flies to Auckland?
Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Philippines Airlines, AirAsia, China Airlines, Emirates and LATAM Airlines offer flights from Australia to Auckland.
What are the closest airports to Auckland?
Auckland Airport is located about a half-hour drive from the centre of Auckland.
What airport transfer options are available?
- Buses. SkyBus offers direct transfers between Auckland Airport’s terminals and Auckland City, 24 hours a day. Tickets are available on the bus, from kiosks at the arrivals hall, or in advance online. Additional bus services are available from Auckland Transport, Naked Bus and InterCity.
- Rental cars. Licensed hire car companies offer pickup and drop-off from Auckland Airport and can be reserved on the spot from the kiosks around the arrival hall. Jayride is as an option for booking a transfer in advance.
- Taxis. Numerous taxi companies operate in Auckland and are available from the designated taxi ranks outside the terminals.
- Shuttle bus. Private and shared airport transfers can be pre-booked online for offers a door-to-door service that meets every flight, 24 hours a day.
- Uber. Uber drivers without an airport licence are not permitted to pick up passengers outside the terminal. Regular Uber services are available to drop off passengers at the airport, using the regular passenger drop-off areas. The fare is approximately NZD$32–NZD$43 for the UberX service from Auckland CBD to the airport.