Auckland is a cosmopolitan city and popular arrival destination for visitors looking to experience everything New Zealand has to offer. It is also a gateway to other parts of the country including Christchurch and Queenstown.
Find out everything you need to know about finding cheap flights to Auckland and airport transfers with this helpful guide.
See our latest flight deals to Auckland
Search for flights to Auckland
How much are flights to Auckland?
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Auckland.
Sydney to Auckland flights
Brisbane to Auckland flights
Melbourne to Auckland flights
Perth to Auckland flights
Auckland flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 3 hrs 5 mins + when flying direct to Auckland Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 3 hrs 5 mins + when flying direct to Auckland Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 3 hrs 35 mins + when flying direct to Auckland Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 6 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Auckland Airport
Airlines that fly to Auckland
- Air New Zealand
- China Airlines
- LATAM Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Auckland insider flight tips
- Auckland Airport is located about a half-hour drive from the centre of Auckland and is the busiest airport in New Zealand.
- Auckland is considered to be the most convenient airport to fly into because it acts as a gateway to get to other parts of New Zealand.
How to get around Auckland from the airport
Skybus offers direct transfers between Auckland Airport's terminals and Auckland City, 24 hours a day. Tickets are available on the bus, from kiosks at the arrivals hall, or in advance online where you can generally score the best deal. Additional bus services are available from Auckland Transport, Naked Bus and InterCity. Hire car companies offer pick-up and drop-off from Auckland Airport and can be reserved on the spot from kiosks around the arrival hall. Jayride is as an option for booking a transfer in advance.
Numerous taxi companies operate in Auckland and are available form the designated taxi ranks outside the terminals. Private and shared airport transfers can be pre-booked online for offers a door-to-door service that meets every flight, 24 hours a day. Uber drivers without an airport license are not permitted to pick up passengers outside the terminal. Regular Uber services are available to drop off passengers at the airport, using the regular passenger drop-off areas. The fare is approximately NZD$32–NZD$43 for the UberX service from Auckland CBD to the airport.