Flight sale: 6 European cities for under $1,000 return
This one's perfect for all you culture vultures out there.
Beautiful architecture, elaborate museums and historical landmarks are what makes Europe such a fascinating continent.
Now, with the help of booking site I Want That Flight we've uncovered flights to six of its most culturally rich cities for under $1,000.
The cities in play are London, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Rome, Paris and Vienna. So whether you want to spend two weeks with the Queen in London, hop from museum to museum in Stockholm and Vienna, marvel at the works of Van Gough in Amsterdam, gaze on gladiator battlefields or dance in the Moulin Rouge, you can now get there for a bargain price.
Flights depart from all across Australia on select dates throughout the year and are on sale for a limited time only. Here's a snapshot of what's available to book right now:
- Melbourne to London... from $899 return (Flying Royal Brunei in October)
- Sydney to Stockholm... from $899 return (Flying Air China in November and December)
- Perth to Amsterdam... from $955 return (Flying China Southern in February and March)
- Sydney to Rome... from $958 return (Flying Air China in August and September)
- Melbourne to Rome... from $1,000 return (Flying Air China in November)
- Sydney to Paris... from $963 return (Flying Vietnam Airlines in September)
- Sydney to Vienna... from $988 return (Flying Air China in August and September).
Many of these flights are for travel in the off-season of autumn (September to November), which is an optimal time to visit Europe as it's still warm but the crowds and peak prices have abated.
- Jetstar drops South Australia and NSW border reopening sale with flights from $59
- Explore your state with Virgin Australia’s sale from $79 a pop
- Jetstar’s sale has Australian fares starting from $49
- This Jetstar sale will have you flying from $49
- Jetstar’s sale is taking you across Australia from $45 a pop