Find flight deals and low fares to Quito, Ecuador from Australia.
Discover Quito in Ecuador and its UNESCO World Heritage high in the formidable Andes. A lively city, rich in history and culture with vibrant nightlife and worthy museums from the Old Town to the trendy New Town, Ecuador’s capital features well-preserved colonial architecture surrounded by high peaks. Visitors will also find amazing food and have the chance to visit ‘the Middle of the World’ on the equator, less than an hour from Quito.
Ecuador may be one of South America’s smallest countries but it offers breathtaking diversity in its landscape, and Quito is a great base to explore it from. Unfortunately it’s not an easy place to get to from Australia, but it’s still possible to find great flight deals to Quito.
Compare prices for your flight to Ecquador
Flight times to Quito in Ecuador
- From Sydney: 26 hrs+
- From Melbourne: 28 hrs 20 mins+
- From Perth: 31 hrs+
- From Brisbane: 27 hrs 45 mins+
Airlines that fly to Quito in Ecuador
- American Airlines
- LATAM Airlines
- United Airlines
Quito, Ecuador insider flight tips
- LATAM Airlines fly Sydney to Santiago in Chile direct and from Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth via Auckland. Unfortunately you can’t fly direct between Santiago and Quito though. You might want to consider starting and/or ending your trip in Chile if you’re doing a tour of South America.
- There are direct flights between Quito and Lima (Peru), Panama City, Bogotá (Colombia), Mexico City and a handful of US cities including Miami, Houston and Dallas. Local airlines to get familiar with are TAME, Avianca, Aeromexico and Copa.
- When looking for flight deals to Quito Ecuador from Australia you will typically come across routes than involve stopping twice or even three times. You can, however, fly one-stop from Sydney: Qantas or American Airlines fly direct to Dallas and from there you can fly direct to Quito with LATAM Airlines or American Airlines.
- Due to Quito’s high altitude – it’s the second-highest capital city in the world – travel delays are quite common throughout the year due to fog and low cloud. Bear this in mind when planning your itinerary.
How to get from the airport
Quito is 24 kilometres from Mariscal Sucre Airport (UIO). Buses, taxis and rental cars are your transport options. Two public bus services run to separate bus terminals to the north and south of Quito city for the affordable price of around $2; you will need small change. There are also 24-hour private coach shuttles with a company called Aeroservicios. They depart every 30 minutes with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi on board. Taxis are available at the airport 24/7 and fares are fixed according to your destination. You’ll also find five major car rental companies in the arrivals hall.
In terms of travelling away from Quito, there are a few local airlines such as TAME, Avianca, Aeromexico and Copa which fly to other cities in South and Central America. Long-distance buses run to Bogota in Colombia and Lima in Peru.