Find top offers, sales and special fares to Phuket and surrounds from airports across Australia
Phuket boasts a year-round beach climate and as Thailand’s largest island, it remains a firm favourite among Aussie travellers. Take advantage of daily cheap flights to Phuket from Australia’s major hubs – including direct flights with Jetstar from Sydney and Melbourne.
While an array of hotels compete for your custom with convenient locations close to beaches, shops, bars and restaurants, it’s still possible to head off the beaten track. There is stunning scenery to be found along with the natural beauty of national parks and pristine islands, ancient temples abound and friendly locals will be happy to talk to you and give directions.
Search for a flight to Phuket
Phuket flight times
- From Sydney: 8 hr 45 mins+
- From Melbourne: 8 hr 55 mins+
- From Perth: 10 hr 45 mins+
- From Brisbane: 11 hr 25 mins+
Airlines that fly to Phuket
- Malaysia Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Phuket insider flight tips
- Jetstar flies direct to Phuket from Sydney and Melbourne on most days with a flight time of under nine hours. These flights let you maximise your holiday time and are often among the cheaper options if you can be flexible with your dates
- Those flying from Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide or elsewhere will have a layover in Asia – Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Bangkok are most common, depending on the airline. Consider stopping for a visit as the cheapest flights are those with long layover times; you may even be able to book a tour with pick-up and drop-off at the airport itself. Travel agents can also help if you want to stop over for the night or longer.
- Bear in mind that while AirAsia and Jetstar offer the lowest fares, you’ll have to pay extra for any luggage you want to check in. If travelling with more than a few kilos it may be worth paying the extra to fly with one of the full-service airlines where this is included, such as Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines or China Southern. Check the airline’s website for specific route restrictions
How to get from the airport
Visitors to Phuket, including the resorts of Patong, Karon, Krabi and Khao Lak, have a few options for getting there from the airport. Upon arrival beware of touts who may try to rip you off or take you on a detour via their family’s and friends’ businesses. The easiest option is to ask your hotel to arrange your transfer for you and this is sometimes included in your hotel rate. Otherwise the safest bet is to ignore any touts offering you a cheap price and head for a counter to book a transfer, or go straight to the metered taxi rank once outside the arrivals terminal. Make sure the driver knows exactly where you are going – have your hotel name written down where possible – and agree on a price before getting in.
The reliable “Phuket Airport Bus” runs roughly 7am–8pm to a schedule and you’ll recognise it by the orange logo and staff uniforms – turn left when you step outside the Arrivals terminal. Travel time to Phuket Town is up to 1 hour 30 minutes. From Phuket Town you can take bus transfers from Bus Terminal 2 on Tambon Ratsada to areas such as Patong, Karon, Krabi and Khao Lak.