Find flight deals and special offers to Orlando from Australia.
Orlando in Florida’s Orange County receives over 50 million visitors a year, mainly seeking the thrills of its theme parks. Whether you’re travelling with kids or bringing out the kid in yourself, there is plenty to choose from – the hardest part of a holiday to Orlando is deciding what to do.
Walt Disney Resort is composed of multiple parks, as is Universal Orlando Resort, and not forgetting SeaWorld Orlando Resort. Kennedy Space Centre, Busch Gardens, a huge conservation area, and also many beautiful gardens leave visitors spoilt for choice. Then there are the many shopping outlets and the beaches, like Daytona, within a 90 minute drive.
Flights from Australia to Orlando typically stop over in Los Angeles (LAX) or Dallas (DFT). Attraction ticket costs can add up so it’s worth saving as much as you can on a flight deal to Orlando.
Search for flights to Orlando
Orlando flight times
- From Sydney: 20 hrs 10 mins
- From Melbourne: 21 hrs 50 mins
- From Perth: 25 hrs 25 mins
- From Brisbane: 20 hrs
Airlines that fly to Orlando
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Orlando insider flight tips
- Mix up your trip with a strategic stopover when looking for your flight deal to Orlando, if you can. Virgin Australia, United Airlines and American Airlines all fly from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane via LAX, or Qantas via Dallas. Air Canada can give you a layover in Vancouver and/or Toronto, and there are plenty more options.
- If you find a better flight deal to somewhere else in the USA, you can always fly to Orlando on a budget airline. Southwest Airlines operates lots of flights from Orlando around the USA but you’ll need to go direct to the website because they don’t show up on online travel agent sites. Alternatively, you can even drive from the US city where you land and make a road trip of it, since you’ll probably need a car to get around Orlando anyway.
- There is a carousel at Orlando International (MCO) which takes baggage from Customs through to the main terminal for you. Many travellers warn that you might have a long wait for it at the other end so, if possible, keep hold of your bags.
- Being such a popular destination, Orlando is notorious for long security and check-in queues for departing flights, so leave extra time for this – at least three hours is recommended.
How to get from the airport
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is 10 kilometres from Orlando city centre. Passengers board the Automated Guided Transit (AGT) train from the air strip to the main terminal building, which only takes a minute. Private shuttles, public buses, taxis and rental cars can all be found on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1) and are well signposted. Budget-friendly local public buses (Lynx) go to Downtown Orlando, Walt Disney World and International Drive. The resort hotels all have airport transfers which you can prebook. Disney’s Magical Express service is free for Walt Disney World resort hotel guests and takes care of your luggage from the plane to your hotel. Currently only UberSELECT is authorised to pick up passengers as a ride share provider at MCO.
Hiring a car is the most convenient way of getting around Orlando and its attractions, especially if you plan to visit the coast. Major car rental companies offer good value and are found in both terminals on the Ground Transportation Level. Many hotels offer shuttle services to the theme parks so you don’t necessarily need a car if you don’t plan on going much further afield. There’s also the I-Ride Trolley which is a hop-on hop-off service to the attractions and hotels along International Drive. The airport website has an excellent, detailed section on all of its transportation methods.
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|25 Mar 2019||$200 off New Zealand flights||NZ2****|
|11 Mar 2019||Up to 10% off domestic and international flights||DSX****|
|11 Mar 2019||Up to 10% off worldwide flights||JTX****|
|11 Mar 2019||Extra 10% off domestic and international flights||BDR****|
|25 Mar 2019||Up to 33% off worldwide flights||********|