Find the best offers and sales for flights to Los Angeles from Australia.
Sprawling Los Angeles is a popular holiday destination for Australians – and with good reason. The city is known for its celeb-spotting culture, epic sunsets and cool beaches. Starstruck tourists can visit movie studios, take city tours or see filming locations of their favourite shows before taking a wander down Santa Monica pier or having a sundowner at a bar in quirky Venice.
Located on the west coast of the USA, Los Angeles is one of the easier USA locations for Aussie holidaymakers to visit, with direct flights from three Australian airports. LAX (Los Angeles Airport) is a great gateway for Australians to explore other USA destinations or transfer to Central and South America.
|USA flights from $951 return||
|Valid on select dates until 27 June 2018. Sample fare is from Sydney to Los Angeles or San Francisco. Flights to Houston also available.||
|San Francisco flights from $992 return||
|Valid for travel from 20 April 2018 - 15 June 2018 to San Francisco, California. Sample fare is from Sydney. Departures from other cities also available.||
|Los Angeles flights from $849 return||
|Valid on flights until 19 November 2017 with Air New Zealand. Sample fare is from Melbourne. Conditions Apply||
|Save up to $100 for first class airfares from USA||
Coupon code expires
|Valid on select dates. Sample fare Los Angeles - Guadalajara from $823, Los Angeles - San Jose Cabo from $951 and more. T&Cs apply||
Show code FC****
After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Search for a flight to Los Angeles
LA flight durations:
- From Sydney: 13hr 45 mins+
- From Melbourne: 14 hr 15 mins+
- From Perth: 22 hr 50 mins+
- From Brisbane: 13hr 15 mins+
Airlines that fly to LA
- Virgin Australia
- American Airlines
- Air New Zealand
- Fiji Airways
- China Southern
Los Angeles insider flight tips
- Flights with China Southern are often the cheapest way to travel to LA, but they have long layovers (up to 25 hours) in China – so it’s often worth spending a little more to fly direct with Virgin or Qantas.
- If you’re transiting through LA to elsewhere in the USA, be aware that you have to clear customs and collect your baggage at LAX – leave plenty of time to do this; many say the queues at LAX can be long.
- Due to passing the international date line, if you fly direct to LA you’ll actually arrive at an earlier time of the day than you set off in Australia, so factor this into your plans. But don’t disregard the jet lag that may come along with this!
How to get from the airport to LA
You can get a bus from LAX to parts of Los Angeles, but this is LA – everyone drives! If you haven’t hired your own car (and you’re going to need one if you’re staying in LA), you can get one of the many airport shuttle buses to most areas of Los Angeles and surrounds. Supershuttle offers a door-to-door service to Hollywood, Downtown LA and Anaheim hotels.
FlyAway buses depart regularly from LAX and go to Union Station, Orange Line, Westwood, Van Nuys, Hollywood and Long Beach. The buses depart every 15 minutes from 6.15am–10.15pm for the Hollywood stop – tickets are $9.75 one-way.