Find the best offers and sales for flights to Los Angeles from Australia.
Sprawling Los Angeles is a popular holiday destination for Australians – and with good reason. The city is known for its celeb-spotting culture, epic sunsets and cool beaches. Starstruck tourists can visit movie studios, take city tours or see filming locations of their favourite shows before taking a wander down Santa Monica pier or having a sundowner at a bar in quirky Venice.
Located on the west coast of the USA, Los Angeles is one of the easier USA locations for Aussie holidaymakers to visit, with direct flights from three Australian airports. LAX (Los Angeles Airport) is a great gateway for Australians to explore other USA destinations or transfer to Central and South America.
|Los Angeles flights from $847 return||
Deal expires 29 Jun 2017
|Valid for travel until 21 September 2017. Sample fare Melbourne-Los Angeles, USA from $847 return.||
Last verified 22 Jun 2017
|America flights from $900 return||
Deal expires 31 Aug 2017
|Valid on select dates. Destinations include Los Angeles from $900 return, San Francisco from $944 return, Las Vegas from $1,138 return and Miami from $1,287 return.||
Last verified 13 Jun 2017
|Save up to $100 for first class airfares from USA||
Coupon code expires 31 Dec 2017
|Valid on select dates. Sample fare Los Angeles - Guadalajara from $823, Los Angeles - San Jose Cabo from $951 and more. T&Cs apply||
Last verified 31 May 2017
Show code FC****
After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
|Los Angeles flights from $813 return||
Deal expires 21 Jul 2017
Last verified 16 May 2017
|California flights from $1,168 return with Air Canada||Sample fares include Brisbane-Los Angeles in July for $1,168 return.||
Last verified 11 May 2017
LA flight durations:
- From Sydney: 13hr 45 mins+
- From Melbourne: 14 hr 15 mins+
- From Perth: 22 hr 50 mins+
- From Brisbane: 13hr 15 mins+
Airlines that fly to LA
- Virgin Australia
- American Airlines
- Air New Zealand
- Fiji Airways
- China Southern
Los Angeles insider flight tips
- Flights with China Southern are often the cheapest way to travel to LA, but they have long layovers (up to 25 hours) in China – so it’s often worth spending a little more to fly direct with Virgin or Qantas.
- If you’re transiting through LA to elsewhere in the USA, be aware that you have to clear customs and collect your baggage at LAX – leave plenty of time to do this; many say the queues at LAX can be long.
- Due to passing the international date line, if you fly direct to LA you’ll actually arrive at an earlier time of the day than you set off in Australia, so factor this into your plans. But don’t disregard the jet lag that may come along with this!
How to get from the airport to LA
You can get a bus from LAX to parts of Los Angeles, but this is LA – everyone drives! If you haven’t hired your own car (and you’re going to need one if you’re staying in LA), you can get one of the many airport shuttle buses to most areas of Los Angeles and surrounds. Supershuttle offers a door-to-door service to Hollywood, Downtown LA and Anaheim hotels.
FlyAway buses depart regularly from LAX and go to Union Station, Orange Line, Westwood, Van Nuys, Hollywood and Long Beach. The buses depart every 15 minutes from 6.15am–10.15pm for the Hollywood stop – tickets are $9.75 one-way.