Find offers, special fares and sales on Fiji flights from airports across Australia.
The tropical paradise of Fiji presents travellers with over 300 islands to choose from and explore. Its tropical climate and picture-perfect beaches attract honeymooners, families and groups alike. Away from the beaches you can experience authentic Fijian culture, hiking, diving and all manner of adventure and water-based activities. For a lazy way to enjoy the ocean you can also hop on a ferry to explore the islands.
Fiji’s major gateway is the international airport in Nadi, on the west coast of the main island, Viti Levu. Visitors will find a range of accommodation options across the many islands – from backpacker hostels to all-inclusive resorts. Fiji is less than a four-hour flight from Australia’s major east coast airports, and with accommodation near the airport you can even make a weekend break happen.
Search for a flight to Fiji
Fiji flight times
- From Sydney: 3 hrs 50 mins+
- From Melbourne: 3 hrs 55 mins+
- From Brisbane: 3 hrs 30 mins+
- From Perth: 9 hrs 15 mins+
Airlines that fly to Fiji
- Fiji Airways
- Virgin Australia
Fiji insider flight tips
- There are big discounts to be found on flights and accommodation during rainy season, November to April (outside of school holidays), if you are prepared to put up with unfavourable weather. A holiday to Fiji is most expensive during summer (December/January) and winter school holidays (June/July).
- Diving enthusiasts know that some of Fiji’s best scenery is found underwater. For the best experience visit Fiji during winter when water visibility is at its clearest, but be sure to book flights well in advance
- Fiji Airways, the national carrier, and Virgin Australia both operate direct flights to Fiji from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- Jetstar offers cheap flights to Fiji from Sydney but fares are seat only. Once you factor in the cost of luggage allowance it’s often worth flying with one of the full-service airlines.
How to get from the airport
Many hotels and resorts include airport transfers in their rates, so look out for these when booking your hotel for a headache-free arrival. For honeymooners and luxurious holidaymakers there are alternative modes of transport: seaplanes and helicopters can be arranged to take you to your destination of choice. Fiji Airways also operates domestic flights which depart from the same terminal.
The airport is just 10 kilometres from Nadi or around three hours from Fiji’s capital, Suva. Both are served by an airport shuttle which runs 24 hours but should be booked in advance. Shuttles can also take you to other parts such as Denarau Island, Port Denarau Marina and beyond. Buses to Suva also pick up from the airport with no need for reservation. The alternative is to take a taxi from outside the terminal. Fijian law requires taxis to use their metres but many ignore this. Make sure you check and establish a price before setting off.