Special offers and fares on flights to Canada from Australia.
Breathtaking natural beauty and national parks make Canada a wonderland for the outdoor enthusiast. Australian travellers will love the lively cities, world-class ski resorts and local wildlife.
The best flight deals from Australia to Canada are to Vancouver and Toronto. Toronto is the largest city and just a 90-minute drive from Niagara Falls. Vancouver is the airport of choice for those wanting to explore the astounding beaches, mountains and forests of British Columbia. Canada’s multicultural side is best demonstrated in the province of Quebec, with Montreal being its international gateway.
Search for a flight to Canada
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|16 Sep 2019||10% off local experiences||10F****|
|10 Sep 2019||Get $20 credit||FIN****|
|31 Jul 2019||Extra 8% off flights worldwide||AUM****|
|20 May 2019||Up to 15% off airport parking across Australia||AWA****|
|9 Apr 2019||Up to 50% off experiences + extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
Canada flight time
- From Sydney: 14 hrs 20 mins +
- From Melbourne: 17 hrs 30 mins +
- From Perth: 21 hrs 05 mins +
- From Brisbane: 13 hrs 35 mins +
Airlines that fly to Canada
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Cathay Pacific
- United Airlines
Canada insider flight tips
- The cheapest route between Australia and Canada is Sydney to Vancouver on the west coast. Air Canada flies direct between Sydney and Brisbane and Vancouver on a daily basis and the service also connects directly to Toronto. All you have to do is get off the plane to clear customs and get on again. Cheaper fares are available one-stop with a few of the Asian airlines transiting in Asia, or with Air New Zealand via Auckland or United Airlines via Los Angeles International airport (LAX) or San Francisco. You can fly out on these routes from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or Cairns. Most flights to Toronto generally change at LAX, Vancouver or in Asia.
- To reach Montreal you’ll need to change twice: United Airlines offers the lowest fares via LAX and Chicago’s O’hare International airport (ORD). Delta also flies via LA and New York,, or Air Canada flies one-stop via Vancouver. Transiting in the USA means clearing customs and baggage and you’ll also need a valid visa or visa waiver – staying the night might help get over jet lag faster.
- Another option if you have the time is to fly direct to Vancouver and take the scenic route to another city on Canada’s world class rail network.
How to get from the airport
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is just 12 kilometres from the city. A rapid train service takes you there (from the station in between the international and domestic terminals) in less than half an hour. There’s also a train service connecting the terminals. There’s a direct-dial phone in arrivals to request courtesy airport pick-up from certain hotels. Car rentals are located on the ground floor. The airport is said to be well set-up for travellers with plenty of information desks and 24-hour representatives at hand.
Montreal International Airport (YUL) has just one terminal for international and domestic flights. It’s a 45-minute ride on the 747 bus to travel the 20 kilometres to the city. Alternatively a free shuttle bus gets you to the nearby train station for connections to other cities. Major car rental companies are found on the ground level of the multi-storey car park. Taxis are available outside Arrivals and offer a fixed rate to downtown Montreal.
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is Canada’s busiest airport and is located 23 kilometres from Toronto city. It’s well connected to the public transport network with buses, subway and a rapid train service (the most convenient method). All major car rental companies are available on level one of the airport’s two terminals.