Find information about flight deals to Boston, Massachusetts.
Boston is an exciting and quirky city, with something for intellectuals, sports fans and culture vultures alike. Visitors come here to learn about US history, with the city’s Freedom Trail taking in no less than 16 historical sites. Boston is also a harbour city with an an abundance of seafood specialities not to be missed.
Distinct seasonal variation of weather will affect when you want to visit Boston – summers can get very hot and winters very cold. Travellers are can take advantage of the increasing number of flight deals to Boston and the rest of the USA from competing airlines.
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|9 Oct 2018||10% off select domestic and international flights||KLM****|
|5 Oct 2018||Extra 10% off flights: Europe from $981 return||TIC****|
|15 Nov 2018||Japan flights from $557 return||FOL****|
|15 Nov 2018||Full-service Hong Kong flights from $518 return||FOL****|
|7 Nov 2018||$120 off first class flights||FIR****|
|13 Nov 2018||International flights from $499 return||********|
Boston flight times
- From Sydney: 20 hrs 35 mins +
- From Melbourne: 21 hrs 30 mins +
- From Perth: 27 hrs 15 mins +
- From Brisbane: 20 hrs 30 mins +
Airlines that fly to Boston
- Air New Zealand
- American Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- United Airlines
Boston Insider Flight Tips
- The best flight deals to Boston are found in the winter months of January to March. Although the area experiences cold winters, this is also the best time to take advantage of shopping in the post-Christmas sales. There are plenty of options in the city centre, or your hotel should be able to arrange transfers to nearby shopping outlet malls.
- Travellers to Boston from Perth generally travel via the Middle East with Emirates, Qatar or Cathay Pacific. Travel from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane can be done with two stops, but this usually saves little or no money over stopping once. The best flight times are offered by United Airlines, American Airlines/Qantas (who co-share) via Los Angeles International (LAX).
- Most flights from Australia to Boston involve a change at LAX which can mean long queues for customs and baggage clearance with strict security measures in force. If you want to avoid this it’s possible to fly with Cathay Pacific to Boston via Hong Kong, United Airlines via San Francisco or Air New Zealand stopping in Auckland and Houston.
How to get from the airport
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) has four passenger terminals and is extensively served by Boston’s public transport network, known as the T. Frequent free shuttle services from outside arrivals run between the terminals, subway station and waterfront. Boston has the world’s oldest subway system and offers the best way to get around the city. From the nearby waterfront passengers can take a water shuttles or water taxi to various locations in Boston – by far the most pleasant way to get there. The Silver Line Route is a free rapid bus service from outside the terminals to South Station and Red Line, from there you can take the train to downtown Boston and other areas on the Red Line.
Tourist/travel passes such as the Go Boston Card can save you money on transport and attractions. Taxis are available from outside the airport and there are also designated stops for Uber riders – look out for the sign App Ride/TNC. The free shuttle system also serves the Rental Car Center. Car rental is not necessary if you’re staying within the city.