Find the best flight deals, offers and special fares to Bali, Indonesia.
Tropical Bali is a favourite destination year-round for every kind of Aussie holiday-maker, and for good reason. The island paradise offers adventure and relaxation and is famous for its beaches, mouth-watering cocktails and bargain shopping. There’s also an abundance of festivals and ancient cultural traditions, with rice terraces and jungle landscapes that are a sight to behold.
You can fly direct to Bali’s capital, Denpasar from nine Australian cities. Wth flight times of 3.5-7 hours it’s perfect for short breaks or maximising your holiday time. To get the cheapest flight deals it’s best to visit outside of school holidays, but there is competition from multiple airlines.
Search for a flight to Bali
Bali flight time
- From Sydney: 6 hrs 25 mins +
- From Melbourne: 6 hrs +
- From Perth: 3 hrs 35 mins +
- From Brisbane: 6 hrs 25 mins +
Airlines that fly to Bali
- Garuda Indonesia
- Virgin Australia
Bali insider flight tips
- Jetstar offers the best choice for cheap travel to Bali with direct flights operating several times a day from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Cairns and Darwin, plus weekly from Townsville. Garuda Indonesia also flies daily from Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. You can travel with Virgin Australia from Sydney and Brisbane, and from Port Hedland once a week. Budget airlines Tigerair fly from Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne, and AirAsia from Perth and Darwin. Qantas also operate daily flights from Perth and Sydney.
- Low-cost airlines such as Jetstar, Tigerair and AirAsia offer the lowest fares but don’t include any check-in luggage or meals. This works if you’re off on a quick break – and you can get away with packing lightly in Bali anyway, with essentials such as beach towels, toiletries and even clothes cheap to buy when you get there. Garuda Indonesia and Qantas both include in-flight meals and 30kg of checked luggage.
- You can find sale fares directly on airline websites, but it’s worth shopping around as you might find even cheaper deals on online booking engines like Flight Centre.
- You can find the cheapest flights to Bali during wet season, October to March. Despite the rain you’re also likely to be rewarded with sunny periods and smaller crowds.
How to get from the airport
All international flights to Bali land at Denpasar International Airport (DPS) – also named Ngurah Rai International Airport. Located in the southern part of the island, Kuta is just down the road, Seminyak is a 10km journey, Ubud is 20km away, or it’s 40km to Nusa Dua.
To get from the airport to your destination or hotel, visitors can pay a fixed fare to take a public taxi. Do this by heading to the ticketing booth just outside the arrivals building. You’ll find a list of prices to each destination. Alternatively you can pre-arrange a private transfer or shuttle with your hotel – it may be included in the rate anyway. If you flag a taxi yourself, make sure the metre is on, you know the address of where you’re going and have a map handy to avoid being taken an unwanted scenic route at your expense.
Major car rental companies also operate from the airport, although you can usually get one cheaper at a local rental location. Be prepared for Balinese traffic and make sure you’re fully covered by travel insurance.