Best deals you can book right now.
Cheap flights to Amsterdam for 2020
Find special offers and flight deals to Amsterdam in The Netherlands.
No trip to Europe is complete without a visit to Amsterdam. The iconic canals, bridges and cobbled streets are a hit with visitors who wander around by foot and on bike, admiring the colourful narrow buildings, leafy streets and soaking up the cafe culture.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) is one of Europe's busiest airports and the route from Australia is a popular one. This means you're unlikely to have trouble finding flight deals; which is great given there's always an atmosphere in Amsterdam and lots of fun to be had!
How much are flights from Sydney to Amsterdam?
How much are flights from Melbourne to Amsterdam?
How much are flights from Brisbane to Amsterdam?
How much are flights from Perth to Amsterdam?
Amsterdam flight times
- From Sydney: 24 hrs + with a stopover
- From Melbourne: 23 hrs + with a stopover
- From Perth: 20 hrs + with a stopover
- From Brisbane: 24 hrs 10 mins + with a stopover
Airlines that fly to Amsterdam
- China Southern
- Singapore Airlines
- The cheapest flight deals to Amsterdam from Australia can usually be found with China Southern, especially for travel from Sydney and normally requires one or two stopovers in China.
- The shortest flight times (around 24 hours from Sydney) can generally be found with a changeover in the Middle East (eg KLM, Etihad, Emirates, Qatar).
- AMS is well served by public transport but you may find a very long queue for the ticket machine. Tickets can’t be purchased in advance but one way around this is to find a tourist information desk (there’s one between the train station and baggage belt eight) to buy a multi-day Amsterdam Travel Ticket. The pass is much better value than buying single tickets and covers unlimited second class travel on buses, trains and trams, which serve the airport, city and major attractions. This might not be worthwhile if you’re visiting in the warmer months though as Amsterdam is the perfect size to discover by foot or bicycle – or by water transport which costs extra.
Although it’s one of the largest airports in Europe, AMS has only one terminal and is very easy to navigate. All transport options are signposted from the arrivals hall. It’s a few minutes’ walk to the train platform below the airport which takes 20 minutes to the centre of Amsterdam. From Amsterdam Central Station you can connect to the rest of Europe by train, including London via Eurostar. There’s also an express bus service (route 197) from the airport taking 30 minutes to the city centre which is 16 kilometres away.
The Schiphol Hotel Shuttle transports passengers to most of Amsterdam’s hotels from outside Arrival Hall 4. Metred taxis are readily available and car rental desks for all major providers can also be found in arrivals. Travelling to elsewhere in Europe from AMS is a breeze: you can hop on a plane with a number of European national carriers or budget airlines such as Easyjet, Ryanair and Vueling.
Latest Flight Deals
Find the lowest prices on flights to Europe from leading airlines.
Ask an Expert