Flight Centre re-introduces Captain’s Platinum price drop protection package
Nab cheap flights, price-drop protection and flight cancellation options.
It's never too early to start thinking about your next trip. And when gthe price is right you can now scoop it up with Flight Centre without regrets and at the very best price.
That's all thanks to the Captain's Platinum package.
Launched in previous years, the package is being re-introduced for a limited time only for early bird flights to Europe during the summer. Sample fares that are currently running include Sydney to Rome from $1,099, Sydney to Amsterdam from $1,165 flying Cathay Pacific and Sydney to Barcelona from $1,169 return flying Singapore Airlines.
While these aren't the cheapest flights we've seen headed to Europe through Flight Centre (that award belonging to $799 return flights on two budget airlines) they are bang on for peak summer dates and all-inclusive service.
The Captain's Platinum package does come at a price of $149 though does come with numerous benefits. This includes:
- Free cancellations: You can cancel your trip for a full refund
- $150 accommodation discount
- 30-day price drop protection: Get the difference back if the price drops within 30 days of completing your booking
- Transferable deposit: Put your deposit to another trip, if required
- $100 insurance excess cashback
Essentially, you're paying for flexibility with Flight Centre's head of product, advertising, sales and marketing Darren Wright saying, "Travellers can lock in a low-priced airfare, enjoy the Christmas holiday period and then formalise - or cancel - their plans next year if they wish".
As part of the terms and conditions, you have the capability to cancel your flight within eight weeks of departure for a full refund. Bookings eligible for the Captain's Platinum Package also have to be made by 22 November, and on selected airlines only.
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes
- Athens and Rome revealed as the best value European cities by Skyscanner
- Virgin Australia is launching voice check-in with Amazon Alexa
- Money Hack: Mash up budget flights to build a cheap overseas trip
- Virgin Australia unveils its upcoming tech game-changers
- How does Jetstar’s new 10kg luggage deal compare?