Fleet Card Blue
Manage your company’s fuel expenses under a single account and take advantage of up to 51 days to repay your balance with the Fleet Card Blue.
You can use the Fleet Card Blue to track your business’ fuel expenses. Unlike some other fuel cards that also cover repairs, this card is designed exclusively to manage fuel and oil costs. The card also comes with an online reporting platform that you can use to track the transactions.
Features and benefits of the Fleet Card Blue
You can expect the following features and benefits from the Fleet Card Blue:
- National network. You can use this card to pay for fuel and oil costs at over 90% of fuel sites around Australia.
- Credit terms. You can enjoy breathing room when paying off your corporate fuel costs with up to 51 days to pay your bill from the date of purchase.
- Simplified invoices. Your fuel spending will be summarised in an online report and your invoice is delivered on a monthly basis. This means regular and concise information relating to fuel purchases.
- Mobile app. You can also manage your account and locate Fleet Card-friendly fuel sites using the free app.
- Video tolls. You can pay for video tolls with your Fleet Card Blue.
- Earn flybuys Points. This card isn’t directly linked to flybuys, but if you use it to make purchases at Coles or Shells fuel stations and have a flybuys card, you can earn points on the purchases you make with this card. These can later be redeemed for discount off your shop.
Fees associated with the Fleet Card Blue
The Fleet Card Blue comes with the following fees:
- Statement fees. Email statements don’t collect fees, but paper statements will be charged at $10 per document.
- Inactive card fee. The Fleet Card Blue has an inactive card fee of $4.99 per card per month.
- Overdue payment fee. A fee of is charged as an administration fee along with an additional late payment fee of plus 8% of the outstanding balance for overdue invoices.
- Credit card processing fee. A processing fee of 1.5% applies to all Visa & Mastercard transactions and 2.5% to all American Express transactions.
- Non-fuel service charge. All transactions (except fuel and oil purchases) will attract a service fee of 2.5% of the purchase value.
- Interest. Overdue balances will attract interest at the rate of 0.07% daily.
- Replacement card fee. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you’ll be charged $15 per replaced card.
- Account management and joining fee. There is no charge for account management, signing up, customer service and online electronic reporting.
How to apply for the Fleet Card Blue
You can apply for the Fleet Card Blue online and you are required to provide personal as well as business details:
When signing up for the card, you are required to provide basic personal details such as your full name, email address and telephone number.
- ABN. You’re asked to enter your business’ ABN, and then the application will use the ABR database to auto populate the other required fields.
- Business details. You must include your business name, which will be embossed on the card.
- Owner details. You’ll also need to provide the personal details (such as full name and contact details) of the owner of the Fleet Card Blue.
- Payment details. You’ll also be asked to nominate how you’d like to pay for your account, your options being direct debit, credit card or cheque.
The Fleet Card Blue is designed to help businesses manage their fuel and oil purchases with the added benefit of generous credit terms. However, if you want a fuel card that is designed to manage fuel and repair costs, you might want to consider the Fleet Orange Card. As these aren’t the only fuel cards on the market, you’ll benefit from comparing a few options before you apply.Back to top