Fitness First Discounts
From discounted premiums to cheap gym memberships, life insurance is helping us become healthier by the day.
Fitness First is the world’s biggest privately-owned health club group, with over 360 health clubs worldwide and 67 on the east coast of Australia alone. Offering the latest fitness innovations, Fitness First is about helping you achieve your personal fitness goals whatever they may be. It backs up its state-of-the-art facilities and highly experienced staff with flexible membership options to suit your lifestyle and your budget.
Every AIA Vitality member who joins Fitness First is eligible for the following discounts:
- A discounted monthly fee (up to 50%)
- 100 AIA Vitality Points every time you visit a Fitness First gym
- 20% cash back for attending at least 24 times per quarter (the equivalent to twice a week)
AIA Vitality is a wellness program available to those with an AIA or affiliated life insurance policy and membership gives you access to a huge range of discounts and incentives on hundreds of related health and wellbeing products and services.
It only costs $11.50 a month for membership and you can earn a wide range of rewards, including discounts at gyms like Fitness First, price reductions on health and lifestyle brands, access to health programs like weight loss and quitting smoking, and savings on fitness gadgets like Fitbit and Garmin.
But for many people, the best reward of all is the discount of up to 20% enjoyed by AIA Vitality members on their life insurance and up to 15% on their income protection insurance. These discounts are earned simply by accruing points that correlate to Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum status, with the more points earned the higher the status and the greater the value of your Vitality rewards.
Other wellbeing discounts
Many insurers offer their own health and wellbeing incentives or are affiliated with programs that do. This is because policyholders who exercise regularly and eat healthy diets are considered less of an insurance risk and less likely to claim on their policies. So it’s in everyone’s interest to promote a healthier outlook on life and to reward participation in healthy activities.
And customers are benefitting twofold, getting fitter and healthier as a result and also saving money on products and services that they would normally be buying anyway. Among the insurers now offering health and fitness incentives such as AIA Vitality’s Fitness First discounts are:
- RAC Life Insurance. AIA Vitality membership lets you enjoy a variety of discounts on gyms, travel, shopping and entertainment.
- TAL Health Sense. If your BMI is between 19 and 28, you can get up to 15% off your Life or Total Permanent Disability Insurance in TAL’s Health Sense Program.
- Asteron Life Wellbeing Program. Provides an online hub for members containing health advice, recipe ideas, health assessment tools and information on lifestyle and weight loss programs.
- Virgin Active health clubs. As well as discounts at Fitness First, AIA Vitality membership can save you 50% on membership at Virgin Active gyms.
How you can find these savings using your own private insurance
If you haven’t checked your own life or health insurance lately then perhaps it’s time to, because many insurers are now offering incentives for taking part in wellness-related activities.
From discounted gym memberships to free or subsidised wellness classes and programs, there are some healthy savings to be had. So read your product disclosure statement (PDS) to see what additional benefits your policy may be offering or, if you’ve had your cover a while, take a look at their website and fact sheets to see what you may be missing out on.
And if there’s nothing in the offing when you make the call, consider shopping around and making the switch to a more health-conscious provider, being sure, of course, that any new policy you switch to also provides the necessary hospital and extras cover that you need.
Ask an Expert