Fishing in Sydney: Compare companies and deals
A round-up of Sydney fishing trips to you can fall for, hook, line and sinker.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You only have to duck into Sydney Fish Market to see the rich pickings of fish that reside in the waters around the city.
The stalls here are weighed down with everything from platinum barramundi to huge kingfish.
If you’d rather catch the fish yourself, there are a number of fishing trips you can embark on from Sydney. Here are a few of the top options.
Fishing in Sydney
Where can I go fishing in Sydney?
- Sydney Harbour
- Nepean River
- Long Reef
Our top trips and experiences for fishing in Sydney that you can book right now:
Best for price:
Deep Sea Fishing Experience - Half Day from RedBalloon
- Spend a morning deep sea fishing for $125
- Find fish using the latest Fishfinder/GPS electronics
- Benefit from the guidance of the onboard coach
- Reel in flathead, morwong, snapper and kingfish
Best for value:
Fishing Trip Offshore Reef including Breakfast - Half-Day from RedBalloon
- Spend a half-day fishing for $225
- Tuck into a continental breakfast onboard
- Ensure you don’t forget the day by making the most of the complimentary photos
- Fish with quality Shimano rods
Best for experience length:
Fishing Trip - Game or Sport Fishing with Lunch - Full-Day from RedBalloon
- Spend a whole day fishing beyond the continental shelf
- Get your hands on Shimano rods, 24-kilo reels and light sport fishing gear
- See if you can reel in a marlin or tuna
- Refuel with an onboard lunch
Best for kids:
Boat Hire for Fishing - four hours, for four passengers from RedBalloon
- Take the family fishing for $260
- Share around two rods and two hand lines
- Make your own itinerary around Collins Flat, Store Beach, Quarantine Beach and Reef Beach
- Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins
Best for experienced fishermen and women:
6-Hour Deep Sea and Reef Fishing from Experience Oz
- Spend six hours aboard the MV Sea Eagle
- Get your hands on the most up-to-date fishing gear
- Reel in anything from a snapper to a school shark
- Take your catch home with you at the end of the experience
Does your company belong in this list?
Fishing trip booking companies compared
|Book with||Price (from)||Fishing location||Duration||Extras/inclusions||Suitable for|
|RedBalloon||$125||Sydney Harbour, Nepean River, Cronulla, Manly||From half days||Breakfasts and lunches||Adults and older children.|
|ExperienceOz||$160||Sydney Harbour||From half days (6 hours)||N/A||Adults and older children.|
More guides on Finder
How to experience Thailand in Sydney | A couple of travel makers
Here's where to go in Sydney for authentic Thai cuisine, Buddhist temples and market shopping, to be just about transported to the streets of Thailand.
What’s open in Sydney: Bars, restaurants and attractions
Here are the shopping centres and public spaces that are still open in Sydney. Looking for a bite to eat? See your dine-in and takeaway restaurant options. Plus, find out what restrictions have been lifted in NSW.
Where to go in Hawaii
Unearth the best destinations hidden throughout Hawaii’s eight islands and don't miss a thing during your next visit.
13 Queensland road trips that are anything but ordinary
Get out of the city with these 13 road trip itineraries that will take you to the beach, forest, countryside and outback.
Best holidays for toddlers in Australia to take in 2021
Discover the top places to take toddlers around Australia with our run-down of family-friendly, affordable holiday destinations from Brisbane to Darwin.
Hunter Valley tours, experiences and deals
Discover the wide range of Hunter Valley activities and experiences that you can do on a quick weekend away from Sydney for the ultimate city break.
Snorkelling in Sydney: Where to go, what tours to book and the best deals
Get to know what’s under the water with the best snorkelling companies in Sydney and expert guides who will show you all of the best sites.
Sydney Opera House tours: Compare tour options and deals
Want to explore the Sydney Opera House? Check out the top tours, plus some great deals to help you save money on your Opera House experience.
Top Sydney Harbour cruises 2021
A Sydney Harbour cruise is a great way to see Sydney in all its glory and a whole new perspective.
Wine tasting in Sydney: Tours and Courses
Sip your way around Sydney with these top wine-tasting tours
Ask an Expert