Firstmac Fixed Home Loan
You can enjoy competitive interest rates, generous terms and 24-hour access for your loans when you choose a Firstmac home loan.
If you are a first home buyer, the thought of applying for a home loan can be daunting. It’s a long-term commitment and any mistake that you make might have lasting consequences on your finances. The Firstmac Fixed Home Loan allows borrowers to enjoy a range of features and a discounted fixed rate, so that users can rest easy knowing their rate won’t fluctuate over the fixed term.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The Fixed Home Loan is a fixed term loan, giving you the ability to lock in the interest rate over a two or three year period. Fixed term home loans can give you peace of mind because you know exactly how much you need to repay over a specific period.
Requires you to borrow a minimum of $50,000 to be able to take advantage of this loan. The repayment period for this can be extended over the course of 30 years.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Firstmac Fixed Home Loan?
- Fixed rate. Fixing your interest rate means that your repayments will stay the same for a period of time. This is great if you need stability when you budget, or you're just starting out with a home loan and want to get used to the nature of repayments.
- Option to pay weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. You can choose to make your repayments at a frequency that suits your budget, whether that be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Owner-occupier or investor. Available for both individuals who want to occupy the property or investors who want to expand their portfolio of assets.
- Additional repayments allowed. Firstmac lets you make additional repayments without any additional costs, potentially helping you to save on interest and pay off your loan sooner.
- Convenience. You can manage everything online, with free BPAY, direct credit and debit transactions.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Legal fee: $200. This fee covers the legal costs of finalising your mortgage.
- Valuation Charge. $220 or at cost. This charge covers the cost of having your property valued, which is required by all lenders.
- Settlement Fee. $300. This fee covers the cost of arranging your funds to be available.
How to apply
To apply for this home loan, you can click the 'Enquire' button on this page. Firstmac requires basic documents in order to process your home loan application. These include documents that prove your identity, your ability to pay, and details of your outstanding assets or liabilities. We've summarised the list of papers that you need to present. These include the following:
- Proof of identity. Firstmac requires your driver's license or passport when you apply.
- Proof of income. This can include your employment contract, recent payslips, or tax returns.
- Details of your assets and liabilities. If you have any assets that can help you pay off the loan, you must present this to Firstmac as well. Assets can include any other property you may have or stocks. Similarly, you have to present documents of any liabilities that may affect your ability to pay.
- Property information. You will also need to provide detailed information about the property, including the property valuation.