Get straightforward, affordable life cover with Firstmac.
Lifestyle protection is a financial back-up plan for the people that depend on you and your income, in the case that you unexpectedly lose your job or become injured. For as little as $1.40 per day, Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy will pay you a monthly benefit for up to six months after you’re made redundant so that you don’t have to worry about where the money is going to come from while you’re out of work.
Plus, with the option of having a single or a joint cover for your Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy, you can have the added convenience of combining both yourself and your partner into one account if you wish.
As an Australian owned insurance company with market leading rates, knowledgeable local staff and over 30 years of experience, Firstmac make an ideal alternative to the big banks when looking for a dependable lifestyle protection insurer. Backed by ACE Insurance, you’re guaranteed a high level of professionalism and excellent customer service and advice in all sorts of situations, every time.
What does the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection policy cover?
With the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy Cover, you won’t have to worry about struggling to keep your home or providing for your family even if you lose your job through redundancy or become disabled as a result of injury.
If you had been in permanent employment for at least 25 hours per week for at least six consecutive months when you became involuntarily unemployed and submitted a claim, Firstmac will provide you with a monthly Involuntary Unemployment Benefit of:
- Up to $2,500 per month, under a single cover
- Up to $1,250 per insured person per month under a joint cover, for up to six months
This could help you put food on the table, pay the bills and keep on top of other financial responsibilities while you get back on your feet and seek out other opportunities.
In the case that you sustain a permanent disability due to an injury, you will also be eligible under the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy for the Total and Permanent Disability Benefit. This will be a one-off lump sum provided to you to help with costs in readjusting to your lifestyle, with amounts up to $250,000 under a single cover or up to $125,000 for each insured individual under a joint cover.
With the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy Cover, there’s no need to meet any medical requirements, so it’s easy to apply and easy to pay.
What isn't covered?
As with any insurance policy, there are some exclusions to the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy that you should be aware of, such as the No Cover Period. The No Cover Period lasts for 90 days starting from the Commencement Date of your policy and during this time, you will not be covered for the Involuntary Unemployment Benefit.
In the case of unemployment, your Involuntary Unemployment Benefit will not be paid if:
- At the date you are notified you will be made redundant, you hadn’t been in continuous permanent employment for the last six months
- You were terminated due to wilful misconduct, retirement or disciplinary action by your employer or you breached your employment contract or were demoted or transferred to another position
- It was due to an ailment or injury from or related to alcoholism, drug addiction or the influence of liquor or non-prescribed drugs
- Your termination was due to a Pre Existing Condition or work related injury or illness
- You were not living in Australia when you became redundant
- Your redundancy was due to pregnancy, abortion, or you giving birth
- Your unemployment is due to the seasonal nature of your employment or the completion of a project or a specific period of employment or contract work
- You were advised you’d be made redundant immediately prior to the Commencement Date or during the No Cover Period
- If you were made redundant during or at the completion of an initial probation period
- You return to work and are no longer involuntarily unemployed
- You are self employed and you become aware that your permanent employment is about to, or has been, terminated immediately prior to the commencement date or during the No Cover period
Other exclusions include not being covered for any event caused by:
- Any pre-existing condition
- Any ailment or injury arising directly or indirectly from or related to:
- Alcoholism, drug addiction, or the influence of liquor or non-prescribed drugs
- Deliberate self-inflicted injury or illness
- Taking part in criminal activity
- Any aerial activity except as a passenger in a fixed wing, motored aircraft owned and operated by an airline or charter company licensed to carry passengers
- War or warlike activities, riot or civil commotion, strike, lockout or civil war
- The use, existence or escape of nuclear material or waste, or ionising radiation
- Intentional self-inflicted injury, self-harm suicide or attempted suicide
- Your participation in professional sport, parachuting, mountaineering, martial arts of any kind, racing of any kind other than foot or any other hazardous pursuits
- Elective, non-essential or cosmetic surgery
- Any condition attributed with pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage or associated complications of these
How do I make a claim?
Need to make a claim?
If you need to make a claim under the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy due to an event and/or a change of circumstances, it’s important to let ACE (your insurer) know as soon as possible within 30 days of the event so they can quickly assist you and process your claim.
To make a claim, you’ll need:
- A completed claim form, available from www.firstmac.com.au
- Written notice containing full particulars of any circumstances with respect to your claim
- Any reports obtained from the police, carrier or other authorities about your accident, loss, or damage
- Any other documentary evidence required by ACE under your policy, including any reasonable medical or other certificates as deemed appropriate by ACE
If your policy is cancelled but the event occurred prior to the date of cancellation, you will still have the right to claim under your Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Claim.
Who can apply?
If Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy sounds just like what you were looking for and you wish to apply, you’ll need to meet some basic requirements.
To be eligible, at the time of your application you must be:
- An Australian resident
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- In permanent employment for at least six months prior to the commencement date of your Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy
Once you have been accepted, Firstmac will issue a Policy Schedule to you as confirmation of your cover.
Losing your job or becoming injured can be devastating, but with the Firstmac Lifestyle Protection Policy, you can be confident that you’ll have the resources and the assistance needed to pick yourself up and provide for your loved ones again.