First look at gameplay from BioWare’s Anthem
Jump in your exo-suit for some open-world, multiplayer action.
BioWare's new game, teased at yesterday's EA Play event, was shown off in full at Microsoft's E3 press conference this morning. Called Anthem, the sci-fi action-adventure game has you play as one of a group of freelancers exploring a lush open world using high-tech exo-suits known as Javelins.
These Javelins are the main draw of the game, with players able to customise their Javelin according to their play style using loot they scrounge from enemies. Multiplayer is another major focus of the game, with support for drop-in, drop-out co-op that seems crucial to taking down the monstrous enemies you'll fight.
Anthem will be Xbox One Enhanced with support for 4K and HDR.
We'll be covering E3 all week. You can follow along with us by checking out our guide on how to watch all the E3 2017 live streams, or catch up on all the news and announcements from the show at our E3 2017 hub.
- E3 2017: Microsoft showed four times more games this year
- E3 2017 by the numbers: 55% more gameplay on show than E3 2016
- E3 2017 by the numbers: The Age of Exclusivity is coming to an end
- E3 2016 vs E3 2017: 60% increase in new IP reveals at E3 2017
- 49 games shown at E3 2017 slated to release this year
- Free next week? Magic: The Gathering Arena’s Open Beta is
- Red Dead Redemption II has GOTY branded on its butt already
- Ubisoft reveals HashCraft, a secret new blockchain game
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (2018) hands-on: My big fat Greek beheading
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider review: Hand-Crofted with love and care