How to reduce your data costs
Alex Kidman walks through the details of data usage on mobile phones, including:
- How additional is calculated, and when
- How apps consume data in the background
- Practical tips for reducing your usage
Balance transferring your Christmas debt
Belinda Punshon and Sally McMullen walk through the steps to tackling festive debt through a balance transfer. Some question covered include:
- How do I manage multiple debts?
- Which providers can I balance transfer with?
- How long are interest-free periods?
How lifetime health cover loading works
Bessie Hassan, Money Expert at finder.com.au, explains the details of lifetime healthcover loading, including what it is and when you might have to start paying it. Topics include:
- The age range that applies to lifetime health cover loading
- Why it exists in the first place
- How it is levied, and what that means for you
Property buying deal-breakers
Belinda Punshon and Jodie Humphries discuss the deal-breaking property features that potential homeowners across Australia wouldn't live without. Topics include:
- The role of superstition in property buying
- The areas with highest buyer attraction
- The most in-demand property features
- Which social venues are most disliked by neighbours
What makes - and ruins - innovation
Fred Schebesta, Co-founder of finder.com.au, reflects on the tactics and tips he used to build his innovation team at finder.com.au. Topics include:
- What types of people should lead an innovation team?
- Who needs to be excluded from innovations projects?
- What are some of the signs innovation is working?
- How to measure innovation accurately
How to build a rainy day savings fund
Shirley Liu and Clarizza Fernandez look at some common financial emergencies, and answer questions such as:
- How do I start a savings fund?
- How much should I keep for emergencies?
- What kind of emergencies should I be preparing for?
- What are some of the best ways to protect yourself from financial shock?
How comparison rates work
Marc Terrano took the questions finder.com.au users ask most about comparison rates, and created one video with all the answers! Questions include:
- What is a comparison rate made up of?
- Does it always apply to your loan?
- Is there a way to adjust the figure for different loan sizes?
- What fees does a comparison rate cover?
The rundown on negative gearing
Jake Quade and Adam Smith chat about negative gearing, covering off questions such as:
- How does it work?
- Does it benefit non-investors in the market?
- How can legislative changes affect the market?
- Is our idea of the 'cashed up investor' accurate?
Property prices in Australia
Marc Terrano and Adam Smith sat down to talk about the current state of property prices in Australia, including questions such as:
- How did they get to such heights already?
- Will they get even higher?
- What would it take to see them go down even slightly?
- Is there a bubble? Will it burst?
All will be revealed.
How to consolidate credit card debt
Bessie Hassan and Lisa Montgomery chat about some of the best ways to consolidate credit card debts, looking at questions such as:
- How much does your interest rate currently cost you?
- What types of credit cards are used to consolidate debt?
- Are there other benefits to balance transfer cards?
- How much interest are you likely to save by balance transferring?
How to negotiate a better home loan rate
Bessie Hassan and Lisa Montgomery tackle some of the biggest questions around finding a better interest rate for your home loan, such as:
- What's the best tactic when approaching my lendor?
- Do I have to refinance to get a better rate?
- How much of a discount should I be expecting?
- What if I'm not given the discount?
Do lovers make good financial partners?
Belinda Punshon and Bessie Hassan take a look at space where romance and finance cross, answering questions such as:
- How many couples share bank accounts?
- Are secret spends a common occurrence?
- How do I make sure I keep my finances separate?
- What do I do if I don't want to share my savings?
The hidden costs of buying a home
Bessie Hassan and Belinda Punshon walk through the hidden expenses that may be found when purchasing a property, and look at common questions such as:
- What are some of the biggest hidden expenses?
- How much of a savings buffer should I have before purchasing?
- Where should I be expecting to fork out when purchasing?
- What expenses can I negotiate down?
The fine print of balance transferring
Graham Cooke, finder.com.au's Insights Manager, walks us through the in's and out's of transferring nasty debt. Topics include:
- How much are you spending on additional interest per year?
- What are some of the most common alternatives to balance transferring?
- How much is the 'lazy tax' costing me?
- How long can credit card debt take to pay back?
What does your credit score mean?
Graham Cooke explains the finer details of the credit scoring system, including:
- Safe and dangerous credit ratings
- How to repair credit if you're in a danger zone
- How credit scores are factored into financial applications
- Checking your credit score for free